Chocolate Covered Jalapeno Peppers
Get your chocolate on for the holidays with this recipe for jalapeno peppers dipped in sweet chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate. A wonderful holiday dessert.
If you’ve never tried a chocolate covered jalapeno pepper, you’re seriously missing out! It’s time to get that chocolate warmed, my friends, so you can experience that awesomeness that is this dessert.
You’ll definitely get a kick here, depending on the heat of your particular jalapeno peppers. Give them an extra dip in that sweet milk chocolate and give an extra drizzle with melted white chocolate, then pass them around the table.
You’re friends and co-workers will love them!
And YES! You CAN make this recipe with other peppers. Did I hear you say Chocolate Covered Reapers? Wow, you’re crazy, but it’s a good kind of crazy.
Try Some of My Other Popular Dessert Recipes
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Mexican Brownies
- Spicy Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Spicy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Candied Jalapeno Peppers
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike
Chocolate Covered Jalapeno Peppers Recipe
- 20 jalapeno peppers
- 14 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Crisco
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- Heat a small pot to low heat and add semi-sweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons Crisco. It is best to use a double-boiler for this, but if you don't have one, be sure to keep the heat low. Stir often until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip each jalapeno pepper into the chocolate and coat each side.
- Set the chocolate jalapeno peppers on wax paper to cool. Refrigerate to speed up the process.
- Heat a separate small pot to low heat and add white chocolate with 1 tablespoon Crisco. Again, a double boiler is best, but if you don't have one, keep the heat low and stir often until melted and smooth.
- Hold each jalapeno pepper over the white chocolate, and with a small spoon, drizzle white chocolate over the jalapeno in a small but steady stream. Be creative with your designs.
- Set the jalapenos on wax paper to cool.