A quick and easy lunch or dinner recipe for any day of the week, these taco bowls are filled with seasoned ground beef and rice, topped with roasted jalapeno peppers, diced avocado and tomato, then sprinkled with spicy chili flakes and your favorite hot sauce. Tacos in a bowl!
Quick and easy recipe alert, my friends. We ALL need Quick and Easy Recipes in our life, don't we? I've been super SLAMMED here the last month or so, with rebuilding Chili Pepper Madness with a new, better blogging platform, pitching ideas for another potential screenplay/film project (wish me luck!), and finalizing the copy for my brand new cookbook that is coming out this October, called "The Spicy Food Lover's Cookbook".
Here's a link to that on Amazon, btw: The Spicy Food Lover's Cookbook (Affiliate link to my own book - haha!)
No complaints. It's all GOOD being this sort of busy, and I'm sure you all know what it's like when you're slammed like this. It takes time away from good food! No!
Always a downside to everything. The UPSIDE is that recipes like THIS one exist for us for when life is just too wild and crazy.
We're talking Easy Spicy Taco Bowls, and we're cooking them up FAST.
By fast, I'm talking 5 minutes prep time and 15 minutes cooking time. OK, MAYBE 20 minutes cooking time if you're a SLOW cook like me, but seriously? That's pretty easy, and the flavor is AWESOME.
Let's get cooking!
How to Make Easy Spicy Taco Bowls for Lunch or Dinner - The Recipe
First, boil some water and get your rice simmering according to your rice package directions. It should only take about 15 minutes or so to get nice and fluffy rice. If you REALLY need to save time, use instant rice.
Next, cook up some onion, jalapeno and garlic in a pan with your ground beef until the meat is mostly cooked through and the vegetables are nicely softened, about 5 minutes or so.
Add in your taco seasoning, extra spices and chili flakes, and a bit of water, then let the whole thing simmer about 10 minutes to let the flavors develop, and the moisture to reduce. the beef will cook through. It will leave you with glistening, flavorful seasoned ground beef.
While the meat is cooking, chop your extra toppings - in this case, tomato, avocado, fresh cilantro - and some roasted jalapeno peppers. Learn How to Roast Chili Peppers here.
The quickest way is to set the jalapeno pepper right onto the stove top burner and let the flames char and blacken the skin. Once it is nicely charred, cool a bit then peel off the skin. Then slice them up!
Serve these by piling the rice into bowls, then topping them with the seasoned ground beef and all of your fixings.
Super easy! I love it!
Go for whatever regular taco toppings you'd like. Here is my favorite - Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe.
If you want cheese, go for it! Sour cream? Yes! Just don't forget the hot sauce. Absolutely ESSENTIAL. Tacos without hot sauce is...I don't even want to think about it.
Try Some of My Other Popular Taco Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Szechuan Salmon Tacos
- Crock Pot Taco Soup
- Burrito Bowls with Shredded Pork and Black Beans
- Juicy Turkey Tacos
Enjoy! Let me know how these turn out for you. Send pics! Post it on Instagram! Here's me: https://www.instagram.com/chilipeppermadness. See you there!
Easy Spicy Taco Bowls Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasonings use your favorite
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes + more for serving
- 2 tbsp hot sauce use your favorite + more for serving
- 1 cup rice cooked
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 roasted jalapeno sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the jalapenos, onion and ground beef. Cook them down until the ground beef is cooked mostly through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir. Cook another minute, then add your taco seasonings, cayenne, chili flakes and hot sauce and about a half cup of water. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes to let the flavors absorb and the liquid reduce. You can simmer longer if you'd like.
- Spoon the rice into bowls, then add the taco meat. Top with fresh herbs, tomato, avocado, roasted jalapeno and extra spicy chili flakes. Add on any other topping you desire.
- Serve with extra hot sauce!