What do you do when you have leftover pulled pork? Leftover tacos is an obvious choice, but how about something more fun, like poppers! The other day I made another batch of roasted poblano pulled pork for quick and easy tacos, and we had quite a bit leftover. I like to make larger batches of pulled pork for this reason. There are only two of us here and pork is easy to add to any number of creative dishes.
Jalapeno poppers are some of my favorites. Bite-sized deliciousness, easy to prepare, super easy to enjoy, no forks necessary. Jalapeno poppers are the uber appetizer and party food. They're also perfect for when the weather turns nice and you can sit out on your patio in the sun with a plateful of these babies. Check it out...just core out your jalapeno peppers. I usually like to serve them boat style, by first slicing them in half down the middle, then coring them, like so.
Then pop them onto a baking dish, stuff them with pork and top with cheese, like so.
Then, bake and top with Sriracha, or with your favorite hot sauce. Viola! Pulled Pork-Sriracha Jalapeno Poppers. So good!
Pulled Pork-Sriracha Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 jalapeno peppers (or more as needed)
- 10 ounces prepared pulled pork
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce + more for topping
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half and scoop out the insides. Set aside.
- Add the pulled pork to a mixing bowl. Stir in Sriracha. Mix well.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with the spicy pulled pork mixture.
- Top each with cheese and set onto a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Top with extra Sriracha, if desired, and serve!