Chili Pepper Hot Sauces
Spicy Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
This is a very spicy recipe that will last you quite a while if you properly bottle or jar it. Cool before serving, or serve at room temperature. As far as habanero hot sauces go, this one will certainly have all the basics and plenty of flavor and heat. Be sure to process the habanero peppers separately from the other ingredients by adding them in the end for processing. This will help retain the habanero pepper flavor, which you really want to have. If it's too hot for you, remove the habanero pepper seeds or reduce the amount of habanero chili peppers from 4 to 2 or 3.
- 4 habanero peppers, minced (stems removed)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Salt to taste
- In large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add water and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the habanero peppers, lime juice, vinegar and salt. Puree until smooth.
Any other questions? Drop me an email and I'll see if I can help.
Brand New Cookbook
Chili Pepper Recipes Galore!
250+ Chili Pepper Recipes - PRINT or EBOOK