NOTE: You can adapt this recipe to the grill by heating the grill to HIGH heat, and roasting the peppers the same way over the heated grill. Again, the chili pepper skin will blacken and blister. From there, move onto step #4 and continue onward!
How to Roast Chili Peppers in the Oven
- Set the oven to broil.
- Place whole chili peppers on a lightly oiled baking sheet and broil about 10-15 minutes, or until skins are thoroughly blackened.
- Flip the peppers to expose the other side and broil another 5-10 minutes, or until skins are thoroughly charred.
- Remove peppers from heat.
- Add chili peppers to a plastic baggie and seal. Allow to steam in the baggie about 5 minutes to loosen the skin.
- Remove peppers from baggie and peel off the skins. A towel will help, or a fork. Discard the skin.
- Cook the roasted peppers into any recipe you wish!
Here is a video on how to roast chili peppers in the oven with the broiler method.
We have a few possibilities listed below:
Any other questions? Drop me an email and I'll see if I can help.