Looking for an easy vodka mixed drink? This grapefruit vodka cocktail recipe is made with Absolut Grapefruit vodka, freshly squeezed grapefruit and flavored soda. Easy and refreshing!
Hi all! Patty here again with your Thirsty Thirteenth cocktail. You might be saying, ‘Another grapefruit vodka drink?’ I know I know, I do that a lot, but it’s spring and grapefruits are in season. And well, I just love love love a freshly squeezed grapefruit drink, especially when I have my handy dandy juicing machine.
I’ve tried all sorts of different citrus juicers and this one really tops them all. No dealing with pulp. No messy cleanup. Simple and easy.
I just pull the handle down on halved citrus and strain that delicious fresh juice right into my cocktail shaker.
Absolut Grapefruit is made with natural grapefruit flavor and no added sugar. The taste is fresh and fruity. Delicious!
Let's make this wonderful Absolut Grapefruit cocktail!
Grapefruit Vodka Cocktail Ingredients
- Grapefruit. Pink grapefruit or ruby red grapefruit both work here, or you can use grapefruit juice if you'd like.
- Absolut® Grapefruit.
- Fresca®. Or other lemon-lime soda.
How to Make the "Spring Shocker" Grapefruit Vodka Cocktail - The Recipe Method
Add ice to a cocktail shaker with Absolut® Grapefruit Vodka.
Squeeze grapefruit and lemon juice into the shaker.
Add soda and stir.
Pour into your glass and garnish with a lemon wheel.
Done! Nice and Easy. And quite refreshing. Everything you want in an Absolut Grapefruit cocktail.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- A couple of weeks ago I was playing around with different combinations of Absolut® Grapevine cocktails. It’s such a wonderfully mixed fruity vodka of white grape, papaya and dragon fruit. I tried it with some fresh grapefruit and lemon juice along with my go-to mixer, Fresca®, and wham. I was so pleasantly shocked at how amazing the combo went together. I had to share it with you all. Tartness will depend on how large your fruit is.
- My mantra is to always taste test as I am mixing drinks to make sure it’s exactly to my preference. I do that for all of my friends as well. Everyone has very different taste and some want more sweet while others, like me, want more tart. Feel free to use whatever lemon-lime soda you have on hand.
- See all of my Spicy Cocktail Recipes.
Storage & Leftovers
If you have mixed in fresh ingredients, it is better to keep this "Spring Shocker" cocktail in the fridge for not longer than up to 1-2 days.
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Spring Shocker Grapefruit Vodka Cocktail Recipe
- 1 medium sized grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 1.5 ounces Absolut® Grapefruit Vodka
- 2 ounces Fresca® or other lemon-lime soda
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker with Absolut® Grapefruit vodka.
- Squeeze grapefruit and lemon juice into the shaker.
- Shake vigorously.
- Add soda and stir.
- Pour into your glass and garnish with a lemon wheel.