A refreshing cocktail recipe featuring the flavors of crisp cucumber, fragrant cilantro, tart lemon and fiery serrano pepper, made a little sweet with sugar and rallied with cilantro vodka. Cocktail time, my friends!
Spicy Cucumber Cocktail Recipe
Patty here with your next Thirsty Thirteenth. Spring is such a refreshing time of year. When everything starts blooming and people are spending more time outside, it makes me think differently about what type of cocktail I’d like to drink.
I'm thinking FRESH, and seriously, what is fresher in flavor than cucumber? For this recipe, I've paired it with cilantro and serrano pepper for a bit of bite.
Spicy Cucumber Cocktail Ingredients
- Small Serrano. Thinly sliced.
- Lemon Juice.
- Raw Sugar.
- Cilantro Vodka.
- Club Soda.
Spicy Cucumber Cocktail - The Recipe Method
First, you will need to blend the cucumber to juice it and then strain it so you're left with pure juice with no pulp. If you have a good juicer it will be even easier.
Muddle the serrano and cilantro with cilantro vodka to get a really fresh flavor.
Next, shake it all up to blend it all together. If you want it extra spicy, you may want to let it sit for a few hours. This drink isn’t super spicy as it’s a very quick infusion of the serranos.
The combination of cucumber, cilantro and serrano is a truly refreshing cocktail. Club soda, lemon juice and a bit of sugar is added to balance it all out.
I had some fun with cucumber garnish on this and it’s really easy. Use a mandolin to slice long thin strips.
The thinner they are, the easier they will bend. Then, use a cocktail skewer to pierce through it every ½ inch or so, weaving the cucumber. It is a nice touch if you are having a little cocktail party.
Oh baby! These are very fun. You KNOW I love the spice.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- For this recipe, you will need to blend the cucumber to juice it and then strain it so you're left with pure juice with no pulp. It will be even easier if you have a good juicer.
- Muddle the serrano and cilantro with cilantro vodka to get a really fresh flavor.
- Shake it all up to blend it all together. If you want it extra spicy, you may want to let it sit for a few hours before serving.
Storage & Leftovers
Storing your Spicy Cucumber Cocktail in a covered bottle in the fridge may allow to keep it for up to 1-2 days. To maximize the storage life, make sure to refrigerate it promptly.
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Spicy Cucumber Cocktail Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cilantro about 15 leaves
- 1 small serrano thinly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1 large cucumber cucumber
- 4 ounces cilantro vodka
- 4 ounces club soda
- In a food processor or blender, place the cucumber, sugar and lemon juice. Blend until juiced.
- Strain through a fine strainer to remove all pulp.
- Place the cilantro and serrano into a cocktail shaker and pour in the juice. Muddle to break them down.
- Fill with ice and add cilantro vodka. Shake vigorously.
- Place ice in two glasses and split the cocktail between them.
- Top each off with club soda.