A stuffed pepper recipe with slow cooked corned beef, shredded cabbage, spicy peppers, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island Dressing. Perfect for leftovers.
On Friday we made an awesome new recipe of Slow Cooked Corned Beef with Spicy Guinness Gravy and Caramelized Cabbage, and we couldn't help but be overjoyed with the flavors. "Guinness Gravy" is a new favorite phrase in this house.
But as there are only 2 of us here, we had plenty of corned beef leftover. A 3-pound corned beef brisket can go a long way. If you're making a corned beef dinner this year for St. Patrick's Day (or hey, any other day), you might need a plan for those leftovers. Here's one idea...
Corned Beef Stuffed Peppers! Cue the music! La la la la! Stuffed peppers make me happy.
We're basically taking everything from a more traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner and turning it into a stuffed pepper recipe. How fun is that?
Peppers are PERFECT for stuffing, and they taste crazy good, especially when stuffed with such awesomeness. You'll get to use up some of that extra corned beef and have a fairly quick and easy meal as well.
Be sure to have some Thousand Island Dressing on hand. It helps to have a bit of moisture in the stuffing. You can use any store bought brand, or try this Homemade Thousand Island Dressing Recipe here.
We prefer a homemade version. So much tastier and vibrant in color, but save a little time and grab a bottle from the store.
And lastly, forget NOT the habanero pepper. It's nice to have some heat incorporated into the recipe, along with the touch of fruity sweetness you get with the habanero. If habanero peppers are too hot for you, try removing the pepper innards to tame some of that heat, or incorporate a milder pepper to your preference, but not TOO mild.
Upping the spice level brings a lot to the experience.
Try Some of My Other Popular Corned Beef Recipes
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef - How To
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef - Tender Corned Beef in a Hurry!
- Corned Beef Tacos with Creamy Cabbage Slaw
- Corned Beef Hash – Madness Style
- Irish Nachos with Homemade Beer Cheese
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! -- Mike H.
Corned Beef Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 2 bell peppers
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 habanero pepper – or use a milder pepper if desired
- 2 cloves garlic
- Dash of olive oil
- 10-12 ounces cooked corned beef chopped or shredded
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing plus more for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add cabbage, onion and habanero pepper with a bit of olive oil. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add garlic and cooked corned beef and stir. Cook a couple minutes more to heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in Swiss cheese and Thousand Island Dressing. Try this Homemade Thousand Island Dressing Recipe, or use any store bought brand.
- Slice open bell peppers lengthwise and remove the cores.
- Spoon in your cabbage-corned beef mixture into each pepper and set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with extra Thousand Island Dressing. Enjoy!
I just made this recipe with a Thousand Island Dressing made with my own giardiniera and sriracha and I ate it twice: the first time the cabbage and the bell pepper was a bit crunchy; the second time, the stuffed pepper was well browned and everything was perfect: this is a very good eppers stuffed dish with amazing flavors!
Michael Hultquist - Chili Pepper Madness says
Thanks so much, Jeremie. It's a great use of leftovers for sure.