Pork Sliders with Creamy Honey-Mustard
These mini pork burgers, made from lean pork loin, are topped with melty pepper jack cheese and roasted jalapenos, then smothered with homemade creamy honey-mustard sauce. Perfect for parties. Get the recipe here.
Yesterday we posted a recipe made with pork loin and we were both ecstatic how the meal turned out.
As you know, there are only 2 of us here in the house, so when we make a pork loin, we almost always have leftovers. If you have a large family, you probably don’t have this problem, and if that is the case, you may want to run out and purchase another pork loin specifically for this recipe.
I enjoy making a large pork loin for us so we can enjoy the leftovers, especially in recipes like this one.
We’re talking SLIDERS, mini pork burgers of awesomeness.
What I love about pork loins is that they are so easy to prepare.
You can rub them down with whatever seasonings you prefer, or even purchase a pre-marinated loin like we did with the last recipe, set them in the oven to bake and wait.
Grillling is an option as well. It’s a forgiving cut of meat, and big on flavor. Plus, they are the perfect size to slice and fit onto a slider bun. I sliced these into variable thicknesses to experiment which thickness was ideal, and each one fit just right onto the bun.
So, what was the perfect thickness, you ask?
I can’t decide!
I think about 1 inch is good, nice and thick so you can enjoy the texture of the meat, but not TOO thick as to take completely over.
These were topped with slices of pepper jack cheese and roasted jalapeno peppers, which I love to put on pretty much everything (um, yeah, #JalapenoObsession), and then smothered in a quick and easy homemade honey-mustard sauce, something you can whip together anytime you’d like.
These pork sliders would be great for a game day party, a bit of tailgating, or even a fun summer bash. Serve them up as appetizers, a precursor to the main course.
You can also easily vary up the cheeses and toppings for fun themes.
Now my wheels are turning with all sorts of new recipe ideas. Guess I better run out to get another pork loin.
There is no better combination than pork, mustard and pretzel buns. Mike really nailed it with this recipe. The pork sliders were so juicy and the creamy honey-mustard sauce brought a bit of sweetness to the meal. Looking forward to having this one again. Soon, I hope!
Try Some of My Other Popular Slider Recipes
- Ground Pork Sliders with Mustard Cream
- Easy Sheet Pan Sliders
- Smoked Turkey Sliders with Sriracha Mayo
- Fiery Pork Sliders with Guajillo Mayo
- Buffalo-Blue Cheese Chicken Sliders
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! — Mike H.
Pork Sliders with Creamy Honey-Mustard – Recipe
- 1 2-pound prepared pork loin
- Pepper jack cheese slices
- 2 cups crema our sour cream
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10-12 pretzel slider buns
- Roasted jalapeno peppers sliced into rings, for serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the prepared pork loin into 3-ounce portions. With a roughly 2-pound loin, you’ll have 10-12 portions.
- Set them onto the bottoms of the pretzel buns and top with pepper jack cheese.
- Bake a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from heat.
- While cheese is melting, whisk together the crema, mustard, honey and cayenne pepper.
- Top the sliders with your creamy honey mustard and jalapeno slices.