These pork tenderloin sandwiches are topped with melty pepper jack cheese and roasted jalapenos, smothered with honey-mustard sauce, perfect as sliders! Perfect for parties. Get the recipe here.
Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches Recipe
Ready for the most amazing Pork Tenderloin Sandwich, my friends? You're going to love these!
It's party time, and these are always a big hit with the crowds.
We're talking SLIDERS, mini pork burgers of awesomeness.
What I love about pork tenderloins is that they are so easy to prepare.
You can rub them down with whatever seasonings you prefer, or even purchase a pre-marinated loin like we did with the last recipe, set them in the oven to bake and wait.
Grillling is an option as well. It's a forgiving cut of meat, and big on flavor. Plus, they are the perfect size to slice and fit onto a slider bun. I sliced these into variable thicknesses to experiment which thickness was ideal, and each one fit just right onto the bun.
So, what was the perfect thickness, you ask?
I can't decide!
I think about 1 inch is good, nice and thick so you can enjoy the texture of the meat, but not TOO thick as to take completely over.
These were topped with slices of pepper jack cheese and roasted jalapeno peppers, which I love to put on pretty much everything (um, yeah, #JalapenoObsession), and then smothered in a quick and easy homemade honey-mustard sauce, something you can whip together anytime you'd like.
These pork sliders would be great for a game day party, a bit of tailgating, or even a fun summer bash. Serve them up as appetizers, a precursor to the main course.
You can also easily vary up the cheeses and toppings for fun themes.
Now my wheels are turning with all sorts of new recipe ideas. Guess I better run out to get another pork tenderloin.
Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Creamy Honey-Mustard Ingredients
- Prepared Pork Tenderloin.
- Pepper Jack Cheese.
- Crema Sour Cream.
- Cayenne Pepper.
- Pretzel Slider Buns.
- Roasted Jalapeno Peppers. Sliced into rings, for serving.
Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches with Creamy Honey-Mustard - The Recipe Method
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the prepared pork tenderloins into 3-ounce portions.
Set them onto the bottoms of the pretzel buns and top with pepper jack cheese.
Bake a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from heat.
While cheese is melting, whisk together the crema, mustard, honey and cayenne pepper.
Top the sliders with your creamy honey mustard and jalapeno slices.
There is no better combination than pork, mustard and pretzel buns. Mike really nailed it with this recipe. The pork sliders were so juicy and the creamy honey-mustard sauce brought a bit of sweetness to the meal. Looking forward to having this one again. Soon, I hope!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- I think that a piece of meat about 1 inch thick is perfect for this recipe, so you can enjoy the texture of the meat - not TOO thick as to take over completely.
- These pork sliders would be great for a game day party, a bit of tailgating, or even a fun summer bash. Serve them up as appetizers, a precursor to the main course.
- You can also easily vary up the cheeses and toppings for fun themes.
Storage & Leftovers
Storing your Pork Sliders in an airtight container in the fridge may allow to keep them for up to 3-4 days (2-3 months in the freezer). To maximize the storage life, make sure to refrigerate your sliders promptly.
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Pork Tenderloin Sandwich Recipe with Creamy Honey-Mustard
- 2 1-pound cooked pork tenderloins (or use a 2 pound pork loin)
- Pepper jack cheese slices
- 2 cups crema our sour cream
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10-12 pretzel slider buns
- Roasted jalapeno peppers sliced into rings, for serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the prepared pork tenderloin into 3-ounce portions. With a roughly 2-pound tenderloin, you’ll have 10-12 portions.
- Set them onto the bottoms of the pretzel buns and top with pepper jack cheese.
- Bake a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from heat.
- While cheese is melting, whisk together the crema, mustard, honey and cayenne pepper.
- Top the sliders with your creamy honey mustard and jalapeno slices.