Roasted Jalapeno Pepper Sauce
A quick and easy versatile sauce recipe made with roasted jalapeno peppers, perfect as a dip for light seafood, like crab claws, or for serving over tacos and Mexican dishes.
Check out these gorgeous red and green jalapeno peppers we picked up from the market the other day. Talk about perfection. They were screaming my name, and can you believe I got all of these for a buck?
Yep, jalapeno peppers are amazing, plain and simple.
We also picked up some fresh stone crab claws from a local fishery. Whenever we visit Florida, we like to get as much stone crab as we can handle, as long as it is in season. Any stone crab fans out there? Shout it out.
You’ll typically see stone crab claws served with a creamy mustard sauce, and I’ve made up my own version. Today we both wanted something different and I thought of these jalapeno peppers.
There is a local Tex-Mex place around here that serves up a roasted jalapeno sauce that is delicious. I thought I would make my own version and see how it worked out with the crab claws.
The result? Yes!
This sauce is super simple and incorporates only four ingredients. You can easily vary up your preferred level of creaminess by adding or subtracting the amount of crema used.
If you can’t find crema, use sour cream, or sour cream with a bit of heavy cream for an even richer flavor. Process the sauce as much as you’d like also.
I kept mine slightly chunky without a large amount of crema, as I was looking to focus on the heat. Dairy counteracts the heat element in chili peppers.
Try Some of My Other Popular Jalapeno Sauce Recipes
- Creamy Jalapeno Sauce
- Roasted Jalapeno Pepper Sauce
- Roasted Red Jalapeno Pepper Hot Sauce
- Pineapple-Jalapeno Hot Sauce
- Jalapeno-Honey-Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Or try this Spicy Serrano Hot Sauce Recipe or this Roasted Poblano Cream Sauce Recipe.
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Roasted Jalapeno Pepper Sauce - Recipe
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon crema
- Salt to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Set jalapenos and garlic on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Flip the peppers half way through.
- Once the pepper skins have nicely charred and started to bubble up, remove everything from heat.
- Cool peppers slightly then set them into a plastic bag and seal to steam. This will loosen the skins.
- Peel skins and set into a food processor.
- Peel the garlic and set them into food processor.
- Add crema and process until smooth.
- Adjust with salt and serve!
Here we are, served up with a whole mess of stone crab claws. Talk about heaven. If you haven’t had a chance to try stone crab claws, get yourself down to the ocean, STAT, and get yourself a bucketful.