Chili-Garlic Shrimp with Thai Lime Rice
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tasty Bite. All opinions are 100% mine.
Dinner is ready in 10 minutes or less with quickly seared shrimp tossed in a bold chili-garlic sauce, served over Thai lime rice. Easy and very satisfying!
There are times when you’ll be needed to spend a lot of time in the kitchen to prepare a meal that satisfies your urge for big flavor.
You may need to chop and slice and boil and blend your way to a rich and developed sauce. You may need to stand over the stove and sear and braise and season and salt and taste and wait and test and taste again.
Sometimes good cooking and good food takes time.
This is NOT one of those times.
With this recipe, you will have your meal on the table in 10 minutes or less, and that includes peeling the shrimp. I am not exaggerating!
OK, maybe it will take you 15 minutes if you’re a slow cook like me who tends to dilly-dally about the kitchen for no real reason other than I enjoy hanging out there, but truly, you can be sitting in front of the latest binge stream or seated across from your dear spouse after a long, hard work day with this meal.
You’ll take a bite and ponder aloud… “Did this really take me only 10 minutes?”
Yes, it surely did, because we’re working with Tasty Bite.
Tasty Bite offers over 30 Indian, Asian, and rice products that have been served to tens of millions of people around the world.
Their goal is to serve up real food with bold flavors that are all natural, great tasting, and easy to prepare. At Chili Pepper Madness, you know we love our big, bold flavors, so for us, it’s a no-brainer.
They have a variety of ready-made meals or flavored rices you can enjoy in moments. Tasty Bite products are easy to find.
Just look for the yellow pouch at your grocer’s International Food aisle. My grocer had a wide selection. You might have trouble choosing!
Check out the Tasty Bite web site to find a store near you.
So let’s get cooking! Today we’re cooking with Tasty Bite Thai Lime Rice. It is organic rice that has been gently steamed in coconut milk, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, and basil.
It is very fragrant and it’s just BEGGING to be served with shrimp.
In this case, a super easy chili-garlic shrimp. Shrimp always cooks up fast. It’s one of my go-to ingredients when we want to eat in a hurry.
How to Make this Chili-Garlic Shrimp – the Recipe Method
Peel the shrimp and season it lightly with salt and pepper. It should only take a couple minutes. If you want to save even MORE time, get yourself shrimp that’s already peeled.
I like the unpeeled shrimp because I like to save the shells for making homemade shrimp stock. Go ahead and freeze those shells if you’d like to make a stock, or, if not, simply toss them out.
Next, let’s whip up our quick sauce.
In a small bowl, whisk together the chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and honey. Done! Like so…
See? That was easy, right? I like easy.
Heat a bit of olive oil up in a pan and add your shrimp. You only need to cook shrimp a couple minutes or so per side.
The flesh turns nice and pink and offers up a pleasant snap when you bite into it. When the shrimp is done, pour in the sauce and give it a stir.
Your goal is to evenly coat the shrimp. Remove the pan from the heat.
While the shrimp is cooking, slice the Tasty Bite Thai Lime Rice open about 2 inches at the top and microwave it on high for 90 seconds. The pouch is microwaveable.
Super easy. You’re almost done already.
Go ahead and pour the rice onto a couple plates and fluff it up with a fork. Add your shrimp over the top of the rice. I like to finish this with a few squeezes of fresh lime juice. A citrus pop adds a welcomed freshness and zing to the finished meal.
And finally, to top it all off, garnish the plate with extra lime slices, sliced chilies, and chopped green onion. BOOM! You’re done! That was easy, wasn’t it?
I think I broke a speed record on this recipe. Happy Dance!
I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks, Tasty Bite! Check out the Tasty Bite web site to find a store near you. Look for the yellow pouch at your grocer’s International Food aisle.
Try Some of My Other Popular Shrimp Recipes
- Shrimp and Red Bean Chili
- Shrimp Creole
- Grilled Buffalo Shrimp
- Habanero-Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Shrimp with Chipotle-Bourbon-Butter Sauce
- Shrimp in Fiery Chipotle-Tequila Sauce
You Also Might Like These Popular Recipes
- Khao Soi (Northern Thai Coconut Curry Soup)
- Spicy Thai Curry Chicken Soup
- Chili-Garlic Shrimp with Thai Lime Rice
- Thai Chicken Wings with Chili-Peanut Sauce
- Yellow Curry Paste
- Sambal Oelek
- Homemade Sriracha Hot Sauce
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS.Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Chili-Garlic Shrimp with Thai Lime Rice - Recipe
- ¾ pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 pouch Tasty Bite Thai Lime Rice
- Fresh sliced chilies I used Fresno peppers
- Fresh sliced limes
- Chopped green onion
- Season the shrimp with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the shrimp. Cook about 2 minutes per side, until the shrimp is nicely pink and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and honey. Pour the mixture over the shrimp and stir to evenly coat the shrimp. Remove from heat.
- While the shrimp is cooking, slice the Tasty Bite Thai Lime Rice open about 2 inches at the top and microwave it on high for 90 seconds. The pouch is microwaveable.
- Distribute the rice between 2 plates and top with shrimp.
- Squeeze a bit more lime juice over the top and garnish with fresh chopped chilies and green onion.