Habanero-Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
These succulent, seasoned shrimp are wrapped in bacon, brushed with a sweet and spicy habanero-honey glaze, then baked to crispy perfection. Here is the recipe. They’re sure to be the hit of the evening.
I’ve got a super easy yet HIGHLY FLAVORFUL recipe that everyone is SURE to love, and you know what? It’s got that little bit of spiciness every spicy food lover craves.
We’re talking Habanero-Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. YES! And we’re making them with Wright® Brand Naturally Smoked Hickory Bacon.
Wright Brand Naturally Smoked Hickory Bacon is hand-selected, hand-trimmed in thick cuts, then wood smoked for 8 hours over hickory chips. The natural smokiness is the perfect complement to the sweet and spicy habanero-honey glaze we’re using for the shrimp.
The AWESOME thing about this recipe, aside from its fantastic and addictive flavor, is how EASY it is to make. With a prep time of about 10 minutes and only 15 minutes cooking time, you’ll have this ready in under half an hour!
Perfect for hungry peeps who don’t feel like waiting.
How to Make Habanero-Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Cooking them up is a snap! The first thing we need to do is wrap our shrimp in some bacon. Check out these awesome shrimp.
I grabbed some large prawns for this, but you can use smaller shrimp if you need to. Just be sure to peel them, though you can leave on the tails.
Next, season the shrimp, then wrap each of them in a half slice of bacon. Like so.
Next, whip up your glaze, which includes pepper jelly, diced habanero pepper, butter, lime juice, and a few drizzles of honey.
Mix it all up, like so.
Brush the sweet and spicy glaze over the bacon wrapped shrimp, just like this.
Make sure to get them nicely coated.
Heat your oven to 425 degrees F and bake them for 10 minutes. The bacon will cook through and will keep the shrimp nicely moist.
After 10 minutes, brush on a bit more of the habanero-honey glaze, then increase the oven temperature to BROIL. Broil the bacon-wrapped shrimp another 5 minutes. The bacon will crisp up very nicely.
Doesn’t it look awesome? I need some of these right now!
Pull them out, give them all one final brush with the glaze, then sprinkle them with some extra chili flakes and fresh chopped herbs.
Serve them up! You will love these. Let’s make this a day to remember, because this Bacon Wrapped Shrimp recipe won’t be forgotten anytime soon.
It’s definitely a favorite.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Let me know how Dad likes it. #ChiliPepperMadness if you make it! I want to see your awesomeness!
This thick-cut bacon is crazy delicious. It took the shrimp to a whole new level. Extremely satisfying. The glaze was just perfect for this.
Try Some of My Other Popular Shrimp Recipes
- Grilled Buffalo Shrimp
- 10 Minute Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers
- Shrimp Creole
- Shrimp with Chipotle-Bourbon-Butter Sauce
Try this with my Hot Honey Recipe.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! — Mike H.
Habanero-Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound shrimp large, peeled and deveined (about 12-16 pieces)
- 6 slices bacon 1 slice per 2 pieces of shrimp
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE GLAZE
- ¼ cup pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 habanero pepper minced
- Pinch of salt
- FOR SERVING: Spicy chili flakes, fresh chopped herbs
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season the shrimp with chili powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Slice the bacon in half and wrap each shrimp with the bacon. Stretch the bacon a bit in order to get the bacon ends to meet together on one side of each shrimp.
- Lay the bacon wrapped shrimp, bacon seems down, onto a baking sheet.
- Make your glaze by mixing together the pepper jelly, honey, butter, lime juice and salt in a small bowl. Brush the bacon wrapped shrimp with part of the glaze.
- Bake them for 10 minutes.
- Brush the bacon wrapped shrimp with a bit more glaze, then set the oven to BROIL. Broil the shrimp for 5 more minutes, or until the bacon becomes nice and crispy.
- Remove, then brush with the remaining glaze. Sprinkle with chili flakes and fresh herbs.