This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Eckrich Smoked Sausage.
These easy shrimp and sausage skewers are basted with a spicy chili glaze made with chili paste, vinegar and lemon juice, then grilled to perfection. Here is the recipe. Perfect easy dinner.
It’s time to fire up those grills, my friends!
It’s back to school time but that doesn’t mean summer is completely over, right? In fact, using the grill can make for some super quick and easy meals, especially when you’re cooking with Eckrich Smoked Sausage.
What I LOVE about Eckrich Smoked Sausage is that you can go from hmmm to mmm with it’s natural smoked flavor and the excellent blend of spices that give it that rich, savory taste. PLUS! It’s such a versatile ingredient, it’s a great go-to for quick and VERY easy family meals. This particular recipe cooks up crazy fast so you can spend less time grilling, and more time living!
We’re talking Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers, my friends! With a nice and spicy chili glaze that you can whip together in no time. YES!
Let’s talk about how we make this, shall we?
How to Make Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers – The Recipe Method
First! Let’s gather up our ingredients. Here they are.
Make your spicy chili glaze by whisking together a bit of gochujang, rice vinegar, lemon juice and salt. If it is too thin for your tastes, add in a bit more gochujang.
Next, slice the Smoked Sausage into ¾ inch slices. You should wind up with 24 pieces total.
Using 10-inch wooden skewers, pierce each with a slice of sausage, a jalapeno slice, a piece of shrimp, then a slice of red bell pepper. Repeat. Each skewer should hold 16 pieces.
Sprinkle each skewer with garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
Next, fire up your grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grates. Set the shrimp and sausage skewers on the grill and brush them with the chili glaze.
Grill for 4-5 minutes, then flip and brush them again. Cook another 4-5 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through and the peppers soften up.
Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice and serve them up!
They are incredibly tasty and perfect for your easy family meals. And super EASY! Time-saving Tip: Skewers can be made ahead of time for parties or large families and grilled all at once!
Isn’t it AWESOME when big flavor takes practically no work? I think so!
Get Eckrich Smoked Sausage
Visit the Eckrich web site today for recipes and promotions.
You can find Eckrich Smoked Sausage in the deli section of your local grocery stores.
Try Some of My Other Popular Shrimp Recipes
- Grilled Buffalo Shrimp
- Habanero-Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Shrimp Creole
- Cajun Shrimp
- Shrimp with Chipotle-Bourbon-Butter Sauce
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! -- Mike H.
10 Minute Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers with Spicy Chili Glaze – Recipe
- 1 package Smoked Sausage I used Eckrich Turkey Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined (24 pieces)
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers sliced into ½ inch rings
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced into ½ inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray oil as needed
- 10-inch wooden skewers for grilling
FOR THE CHILI GLAZE
- ¼ cup gochujang use sriracha as a substitute
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar white wine vinegar is good as well
- Juice from half a lemon + extra for serving
- Pinch of salt
- Slice the Smoked Sausage into ¾ inch slices. You should wind up with 24 pieces total.
- Using 10-inch wooden skewers, pierce each with a slice of sausage, a jalapeno slice, a piece of shrimp, then a slice of red bell pepper. Repeat. Each skewer should hold 16 pieces.
- Sprinkle each skewer with garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- For the glaze, whisk together the gochujang, rice vinegar, lemon juice and salt. If it is too runny, add in more gochujang.
- Fire up your grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grates. Set the shrimp and sausage skewers on the grill and baste them with the chili glaze.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes, then flip and baste them again. Cook another 4-5 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through and the peppers soften up.
- Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice and serve!