This Asian noodle bowl is packed with plenty of sweet heat. The combination of habanero and jalapeno peppers, along with honey, vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili-garlic sauce and so much more is sure to be a new recipe go-to.
Super HAPPY to have another amazing recipe to add to our "Quick and Easy" category. Patty and I are food bloggers, OBVI! But we also run a web development business during the day hours, and I am a screenwriter desperately trying to make his mark in that crazy business (Hey, my 3rd sold script is in development right now! STOKED!), so some days we're just seriously CRAZY busy.
However! That doesn't mean we have to eat lame fast food or anything. Lately I've been turning to some Asian inspired recipe for incredible flavors that can be made FAST.
Asian is such a generic term when it comes to cooking. SO many countries with rich cultures and cuisines. Admittedly, I'm still dipping my toes into the waters, but the more I learn, the more I LOVE the foods from across the world. I want to learn more!
This particular recipe can be put together in about 20 minutes or so, from start to bowl. Don't forget the chili peppers. I included both jalapeno peppers and habanero peppers, because "Chili Pepper Madness". I MUST spice things up, though they aren't ONLY for the spice. You'll enjoy the combination of heat and tropical flavors here.
Very nice compliments to the meal. Get your quick lunches ready, friends! I hope you love it as much as we do.
Sweet and Spicy Asian Noodle Bowl with Habanero Peppers
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy chile oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 8 ounces vermicelli or spaghetti noodles
- 2 jalapeno peppers sliced
- 1-2 habanero peppers sliced
- Cucumber slices – I used about a cup or so
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro + more for serving
- ¼ pound shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Splash of olive oil
- Add the first 8 ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Prepare the noodles per the package instructions. Basically, boil them in some salty water until al dente, about 10 minutes or so.
- Drain the noodles and add to a large bowl. Add your sauce along with peppers, cucumbers and cilantro. Toss to combine.
- While the noodles are cooking, season your shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Bring a small pan to medium heat and add oil. Cook the shrimp a couple minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Add to the noodle bowl and toss.
- Distribute to a couple of bowls and top with additional cilantro. Serve!