This chili oil noodles recipe is a quick and easy dish of noodles tossed with garlic, chilies, scallions, and cilantro in a spicy hot oil, delicious!
Chili Oil Noodles Recipe
Are you looking for Chili Oil Noodles? Here you go! This dish is so satisfying with noodles tossed in spicy hot oil with vinegar and soy sauce, along with lots of addictive garlic and minced chilies, with fresh pops of flavor from scallions and cilantro.
Chili Oil Noodles are gaining popularity for spicy food lovers because of they're not only delicious and comforting, but they're also extremely easy to make.
You can have a big bowl of spicy, garlicky noodles on the table in 15 minutes or less, which is a huge bonus for busy people.
All it takes is chopping some herbs and vegetables, boiling some noodles, and heating up a bit of chili oil or chili crisp.
What You'll Love About My Chili Oil Noodles
- I'm using my Homemade Chili Crisp Recipe for this dish to bring some seriously WOW factor. You will absolutely love it.
- However, it's very customizable, so you can make it with homemade chili oil, or any type of vegetable oil you have on hand. I encourage experimentation!
It's actually quite similar to a Chinese dish called "You Po Mian", though adapted for more local ingredients.
Let's talk about how to make chili oil noodles, shall we?
Chili Oil Noodles Ingredients
- Noodles. This works with any type of noodles. Just cook them according to the packaging instructions. I've made these with wheat noodles, rice noodles, egg noodles, ramen noodles, you name it.
- Soy Sauce.
- Rice Vinegar.
- Fresh Garlic.
- Hot Chili Pepper. I used a couple spicy bird's eye chilies, but you can use your favorite.
- Red Pepper Flakes.
- Chili Oil. Learn how to make chili oil at home, or use chili crisp, which is huge on flavor. This recipe will work with just about any vegetable oil, however.
How to Make Chili Oil Noodles - the Recipe Method
Prepare the Noodles. Boil the noodles 5 minutes, or until softened – or follow the packaging directions for your chosen noodles. Drain and add the noodles into 2 bowls.
Top the Noodles. Top each with soy sauce, vinegar, scallions, cilantro, and red pepper flakes. Add salt to taste.
Heat the Oil. While the noodles are boiling, heat the chili oil in a small pan until very hot, but not boiling. Add the garlic, shallot, chili pepper, and 1 teaspoon chili flakes. Cook 1-2 minutes to let the flavors develop.
Pour the hot oil over the noodle bowls and mix well.
Drizzle on some extra chili oil or chili crisp and garnish. Enjoy!
Boom! Done! Your garlic chili oil noodles are ready to serve. Easy enough to make, isn't it? You can serve this warmed right away, but it's also great served cold. Very satisfying either way!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Using Chili Crisp is a great way to bring serious flavor to this dish, but it works great with any oil. Consider your favorite chili oil, sesame oil, or a neutral oil like peanut oil or avocado oil, or a mix.
- Toss in your favorite cooked vegetables, such as broccoli, sliced carrots, mushrooms, bok choy, or other greens.
- Chili oil noodles are delicious with stir fried shrimp, chicken, or pork.
This recipe will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator in a sealed container. It is delicious served as cold noodles, but is easily reheated in a microwave or tossed in a hot pan.
I do not recommend freezing chili oil noodles.
That's it, my friends. I hope you enjoy this garlic chili oil noodles recipe. Let me know if you make it. I'd love to hear how it turned out for you, and how you decided to spice yours up!
- Buy Chili Crisp (Affiliate link, my friends!)
Try Some of My Other Popular Recipes
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Chili Oil Noodles Recipe
- 4 ounces long dried noodles (works with any noodles)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 scallions sliced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes divided, or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 small shallot minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 hot chili pepper minced
- 3 tablespoons chili oil or use chili crisp, or any neutral oil
- Boil the noodles 5 minutes, or until softened – or follow the packaging directions for your chosen noodles. Drain and set into 1 or 2 bowls.
- Top each with soy sauce, vinegar, scallions, and cilantro. Add salt to taste.
- While the noodles are boiling, heat the chili oil in a small pan until very hot, but not boiling. Add the garlic, shallot, chili pepper, and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes to let the flavor develop. Pour the hot oil over the noodle bowls and mix well. Drizzle on some extra chili oil or chili crisp and garnish. Enjoy!