This recipe and a pressure cooker are all you need for the juiciest, most tender corned beef brisket in a fraction of the time it takes for oven or slow cooking. Don't forget to cut against the grain. Serve it up with cabbage or your favorite side dish.
It’s corned beef time of year, my friends, but you know what? It’s a dang shame because I think corned beef should be all year long. In fact, it IS corned beef time in the Madness household all year long because I usually buy extra when they’re on sale this time of year and freeze them for later use.
I love corned beef that much!
PLUS! I can usually find some either at the butcher or my local grocer throughout the year, and when I see them, I’ll grab one. It’s so delicious! Definitely a favorite for both Patty and me.
I’ve cooked corned beef many different ways, from the slow cooker to oven cooking to stewing on the stove, but one way that you may want to consider is using the pressure cooker. Pressure Cooker Corned Beef is a GREAT way to achieve super tender corned beef every time. It’s SO easy, and it’s the fastest you’ll ever cook a corned beef, hands down.
We’re talking 90 minutes of cooking time, plus 10 minutes for the pressure release. That’s it. It usually takes hours and hours for the tough cut of meat to tenderize. I love my pressure cooker. It ROCKS.
Let’s talk about how we do this.
How to Cook Corned Beef in the Pressure Cooker
First, slice open the package and rinse the corned beef to remove any gel from the packet. It can get pretty gummed up. You’re also rinsing away any excess salt.
Next, set the corned beef on a rack in your pressure cooker. Top it with peppers, onion, garlic cloves and your preferred seasoning.
Next, pour the broth over the top.
Pressure cook the corned beef brisket on high for 90 minutes. Natural release the pressure for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the lid.
Remove the corned beef then slice as needed!
That’s it! Simple as that. It will be beautifully tender and seasoned and just begging for you to serve it up with a side of cabbage as you like, or Brussels sprouts or perhaps over mashed potatoes with a nice Guinness gravy. Yeah. Check out this recipe: Slow Cooked Corned Beef with Spicy Guinness Gravy and Caramelized Cabbage. Oh baby.
Also, check out these other corned beef recipes, in case you have leftovers like I always do.
- Corned Beef Tacos with Creamy Cabbage Slaw
- Corned Beef Hash – Madness Style
- Corned Beef Stuffed Peppers
- Irish Nachos with Homemade Beer Cheese
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Let me know how it turns out for you! Send pics! YOU ROCK! – Mike H.
Pressure Cooker Corned Beef – The Recipe
- 3 pound corned beef brisket
- 1 large bell pepper, rough chopped
- 1-2 spicy chili peppers to your heat preference
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2-3 tablespoons favorite Cajun seasoning blend
- 4 cups beef or chicken broth
- Rinse the corned beef to remove any gel from the packet. If there is a seasoning packet, you can use it, but I like to use a good Cajun or Creole blend instead.
- Set the corned beef on a rack in the pressure cooker, then add peppers, onion, garlic and seasoning. Pour the broth over the top.
- Pressure cook on high for 90 minutes. Natural release the pressure for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the lid.
- Slice as needed!