Cajun Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Earthy poblano peppers stuffed with a mixture of chicken thighs, a combination of cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, and plenty of Cajun seasonings. Get the recipe here.
Not too long ago we made a recipe similar to this one called Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers. Those turned out to be very popular.
I can see why! They looked great, and truly WOWED in the flavor department. It was definitely one of our favorites, so we’re co-opting our own recipe to make a version with chicken. In this case, chicken thighs!
Chicken breast works just as well – I’ve made them both ways – but I have a special place in my soul for chicken thighs. Plus, I bought a huge pack from the grocer and had too many in the freezer. Time to get eaten!
What you’ll get with this recipe is cheesy-chicken greatness, with a combination of shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, seared and chopped chicken, Cajun seasonings, zingy hot sauce, and not to mention the poblano peppers themselves, which have a flavor unlike any other pepper in the universe.
All hail the poblano!
Don’t forget the avocado for the topping.
It’s a super simple recipe, actually, something you can put together for a quick dinner. I’m filing it under Quick and Easy because you can have this one done in 30 minutes or less.
How to Make Cajun Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers – The Method
First, heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Slice the poblano peppers in half and scoop out the innards. Set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
Next, add the chicken to a mixing bowl and coat with olive oil. Toss with Cajun seasonings. I used my Homemade Cajun Seasonings for this.
Heat a pan to medium heat and cook the chicken a few minutes per side, until cooked through. Cool and chop. Into a mixing bowl they go.
Add cheeses, cilantro and hot sauce, and if desired, a bit more Cajun blend. Mix well.
Scoop the mixture into the gorgeous poblano peppers and bake them 15-20 minutes, or until the cheeses are nice and melted.
Top with fresh cilantro and serve with extra hot sauce!
That’s it, my friends! Such awesome stuffed peppers! I love stuffed poblanos intensely, especially when stuffed with chicken and all those wonderful Cajun seasoning flavors.
Bring it on! More stuffed peppers for me, please!
Check Out Some My Other Popular Stuffed Peppers Recipes
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers – Mexican Style
- Cajun Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Picadillo Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Cajun Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers - Recipe
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 boneless chicken thighs chicken breast is great, too
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasonings
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro + more for topping
- 1 tablespoon or more of your favorite hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the poblano peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides. Set onto a large baking dish.
- Add the chicken to a mixing bowl and coat with olive oil. Toss with Cajun seasonings.
- Heat a pan to medium heat and cook the chicken a few minutes per side, until cooked through. Cool and chop. Into a mixing bowl they go.
- Add cheeses, cilantro and hot sauce, and if desired, a bit more Cajun blend. Mix well.
- Scoop the mixture into the peppers and bake 15-20 minutes, or until the cheeses are nice and melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with extra hot sauce!