Sweet and Spicy Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip
A perfect pretzel dip recipe made with hot-sweet mustard, honey, habanero peppers and maple beer. Perfect for game day or any party/celebration. You bring the pretzels!
This is another recipe we cooked up for our Halloween party. When you have a huge crowd and you’re not really serving dinner, simple dishes like dips and chilis are ideal.
At least for me. You can buy dips but nah. So much better to make them for yourself, right?
I was looking to make a sweet pretzel dip because Patty found these awesome flat pretzels from the local Costco. She also found a seasonal maple beer and I’ve been dying to cook with it. Bam! Sweet pretzel dip.
The alcohol from the maple beer cooks out, leaving the maple flavor, which is enhanced by the honey. Plus! You get to drink the rest of the beer.
I know, bummer for you. The habanero is quite hot, but pleasant.
Adjusting the Heat Factor
If it’s too hot for you, try something milder like the excellent jalapeno pepper, spicy serrano, or perhaps a sweeter mild Caribbean pepper such as the Trinidad Perfume pepper, if you can find it.
Check Out Some of My Other Popular Dip Recipes
- Chipotle Honey Mustard Dip
- Fiery Buffalo Blue Cheese Hummus
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- Creamy, Crunchy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Zesty Layered Taco Dip
- One-Pan Hatch Chile Cheese Dip
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Sweet and Spicy Honey Mustard Pretzel Dip - Recipe
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 habanero pepper chopped
- 10 ounces sweet hot mustard
- 4 ounces maple red ale
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Heat a small pot to medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add chopped habanero pepper and cook about 3 minutes to soften slightlly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes to let the beer cook off and habanero heat permeate.
- Cool and serve with pretzels