These air fryer jalapeno poppers are so easy to make, stuffed with a mix of cheeses and wrapped in bacon, perfectly crispy in the air fryer, a party favorite!
We're cooking up a big batch of Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers in the Chili Pepper Madness kitchen today, my friends! Would you care for one? I'll bet you do!
I make jalapeno poppers all the time and in so many different ways - different cheeses, different seasonings, sliced in half or stuffed whole, bacon or no bacon - and I love them every possible way.
Jalapeno poppers are the ultimate stuffed pepper finger food, perfect for parties and gatherings. They're super easy to make and always disappear quickly. You might want to make a double batch.
This particular recipe uses the air fryer, which I've been using a lot lately. It really works! These bacon wrapped air fryer jalapeño poppers are so crispy and gooey with a cream cheese filling, and they whip up fast!
You'll be done cooking in under 15 minutes once they're stuffed, wrapped and ready to go. I love that! Bring these to a party and everyone will love you. Guaranteed!
Let's talk about how to make air fryer jalapeno poppers, shall we?
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers Ingredients
- Jalapeno Peppers. You gotta have jalapenos to make jalapeno poppers, right?
- Cheeses. I'm using a mix of full fat cream cheese and sharp cheddar cheese, though you can use other cheeses to your preference. Use good melty cheeses.
- Seasonings. I'm using a mixture of cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper, though you can vary it up. Try it with taco seasonings.
- Bacon. Yes! I love bacon, though you can skip the bacon if desired.
How to Make Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers - the Recipe Method
Air Fryer Temperature. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
Core Out the Jalapeno Peppers. Slice the jalapeños in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and insides with a spoon. Remove all the seeds and membranes to core out the jalapeño poppers.
Cheesy Stuffing. Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings to a bowl and mix well.
Stuff the Jalapenos. Scoop out the cream cheese cheddar cheese and fill each jalapeno pepper half with the spicy cheese mixture. You might have some leftover, depending on the size of your peppers. Just distribute evenly.
Wrap with Bacon. Wrap each stuffed jalapeno boat with a slice of bacon. Pierce with toothpicks to hold the bacon in place, if needed.
Air Fry the Jalapeno Poppers. Working in batches, air fry the jalapeno poppers for 10-12 minutes, or until bacon crisps up to your preference. You may need to do this in batches, depending on your air fryer brand. Cook time can vary, so check them after 10 minutes, and up to 15 minutes or longer.
Serve! Remove from heat, cool slightly, and serve.
Boom! Done! Your air fryer jalapeno poppers are ready to serve! They look so good, don't they? All that bacon, delicious cheese, served up in the perfect package. A jalapeno! I love this recipe.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- The Bacon. You can cut back on calories and save ingredients by using only 1/2 a bacon slice per popper. You may need toothpicks to hold them in place, but it is an option.
- The Cheeses. Cream cheese and cheddar are an ideal combo for stuffing, as the mixture gets nice and melty soft inside without oozing too much. You can definitely use other cheeses to completely change the recipe. Try goat cheese or feta cheese, which are creamier, along with your favorite melty cheese, like pepper jack or colby.
- Seasonings. You can use whatever seasonings you prefer when making jalapeno poppers. I love to keep it simple with cayenne, paprika and garlic, plus salt and pepper, but use your favorites. Consider taco seasonings, Cajun seasonings, Creole seasonings, sazon, or others.
- Extra Heat. Jalapeno poppers love most of the heat when you core out the jalapeno innards. For spicier poppers, chop up those innards and mix them back into the cheese mixture. Makes them nice and spicy! I love them this way.
That's it, my friends. I hope you enjoy my air fryer jalapeno poppers recipe. Let me know what kinds of seasonings you decided to use. I'd love to hear how it turned out for you. Keep it spicy!
More Popular Jalapeno Popper Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers
- Four Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
- Baked Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
- Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
- Pimento Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
- Check Out More Jalapeno Poppers Recipes
Try Some of My Other Popular Recipes
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 5 ounces cream cheese softened
- 5 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon preferred seasonings I use a mix of cayenne, paprika and garlic - try taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20 slices bacon thin cut
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides with a spoon.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings to a bowl and mix well.
- Fill each jalapeno pepper half with the spicy cheese mixture. You might have some leftover, depending on the size of your peppers. Just distribute evenly.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeno boat with a slice of bacon. Pierce with toothpicks to hold the bacon in place, if needed.
- Air fry the jalapeno poppers for 10-12 minutes, or until bacon crisps up to your preference. You may need to do this in batches, depending on your air fryer brand.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, and serve.