This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.
These Barbecue Shrimp Flatbreads are flavorful, succulent, and on the table in only 10 minutes. A perfect easy weekday lunch or dinner. Here is the recipe.
We have been crazy BUSY in the Chili Pepper Madness household. Not only is the garden exploding with chili peppers, which are coming out of my ears, but I’ve also been hired to write a new screenplay, so I’ve been furiously banging away at the keyboard all week long.
We all know what it’s like to be crazy busy. It is times like these we need quick and easy go-to meals so we don’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, yet still want GREAT FLAVOR. Lucky for me, I’m cooking with KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce.
KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce is kettle-cooked to produce rich layers of sweet, smoky flavor. It’s an excellent blend of tomato, onion, molasses and spices, and it’s going to make your meals incredibly easy.
For this recipe, I’m cooking up Barbecue Shrimp Flatbreads, because I really love shrimp, but also because shrimp cooks up so fast! Talk about a quick meal that delivers.
The shrimp cooks up with a bit of seasoning in only a few minutes, is tossed and warmed in sweet and smoky barbecue sauce, then served over warmed flatbreads with a few select fixings, and when I said quick and easy, I meant quick and easy!
This will be on your table in about 10 minutes, no joke. That’s great for a slow cook like me who’s in a hurry!
Another great thing about this recipe is that while it's perfect for outdoor grilling, it's also incredibly easy in the kitchen, letting you bring that barbecue flavor inside when you're opting out of firing up the grill.
Let’s talk about how we make the recipe, shall we?
How to Make Barbecue Shrimp Flatbreads – the Recipe Method
First, season up some shrimp with your preferred seasonings. I used paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and some spicy chili flakes for an extra kick that I love.
Heat up a large pan to medium heat and add in a bit of olive oil. Toss in the shrimp and cook them mostly through, about 3-4 minutes or so, giving them a flip about half way through.
Next, pour in some barbecue sauce and give it a nice toss.
Make sure shrimp is nice and evenly coated. Let it simmer about a minute or so to let the shrimp finish cooking, and to warm the sauce.
Serve the shrimp over warmed flatbreads and top with your favorite toppings. I used chopped tomato, sliced serrano peppers, fresh chopped parsley, crumbly white cheese and spicy chili flakes. And some fresh lime, too!
It really is that easy, my friends.
Visit the KC Masterpiece® web site for more recipes, bbq tips and more: https://www.kcmasterpiece.com.
Try Some of My Other Popular Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Homemade Southwest-Style Pizza
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Easy Homemade Flatbread
- Grilled Shrimp Po' Boy
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you'll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don't forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I'll be sure to share! Thanks! -- Mike H.
Barbecue Shrimp Flatbreads Recipe
- 1.5 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon spicy chili flakes + more for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup bbq sauce + more for serving
- 4 8-inch flatbreads warmed
- Fixings = Sliced chili peppers, serrano, chopped tomato, fresh chopped herbs, crumbly white cheese, chili flakes, fresh limes
- Season the shrimp with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and spicy chili flakes.
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add the olive oil. Toss in the shrimp and cook them mostly through, about 3-4 minutes or so, giving them a flip about half way through.
- Next, pour in the KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce and give it a nice toss. Make sure shrimp is nice and evenly coated. This should only take a minute or so.
- Serve the shrimp over warmed flatbreads and top with chopped tomato, sliced serrano peppers, fresh chopped parsley, crumbly white cheese and spicy chili flakes. And some fresh lime, too!
- Drizzle on extra barbecue sauce, too. Enjoy.
Damien C. says
Easy for sure. And DELICIOUS! Works nicely with some extra roasted peppers add to the top.
Michael Hultquist - Chili Pepper Madness says
Excellent! AGREED on the extra peppers for sure.