Easy Cheesy Game Day Totchos are here to make game day even more fun! Crispy tater tots are smothered with black beans, cheddar cheese, chunky salsa, jalapeños and guacamole. This is always a party favorite!
Easy Cheesy Game Day Totchos (Tater Tot Nachos)
If you guys want to infuse some serious FUN into your game day gathering, you need to focus on the food, right? For me, the food is more fun than the game, especially when you have this crazy amazing recipe.
We’re talking cheesy tater tot nachos today, and all I can say is – YES! This appetizer recipe is the definition of fun.
From now on, game day will no longer be game day without cheesy totchos! Serve these up. Watch them disappear. QUICKLY. They're easy to make, so no worries if they disappear too fast because you can always make a second batch in just a few minutes.
Tater tots with all the best nacho toppings might just be my greatest party food invention yet!
Fresh Cravings Salsa
I love these salsas. I couldn’t decide which salsa I wanted to use, so I picked up both Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa and Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa. They’re both crazy delicious.
What I like about Fresh Cravings Salsa is the bold, authentic flavor. Fresh Cravings Salsa is made with fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes and vegetables and it is not cooked like jarred salsa, nor is it pasteurized like other refrigerated salsas. Truly, this salsa is a game changer.
Fresh Cravings Salsa is right at home on these totchos, giving that extra bold pop of flavor.
How to Make Game Day Totchos
On a day as busy as game day can be, you'll love making this quick and easy appetizer recipe!
Cook your tater tots. Follow the package instructions.
Make them cheesy. Add your cooked tater tots to a large oven-safe pan and cover with black beans and shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake. Bake at 425°F for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted.
Garnish and serve! Cool slightly, then top with guacamole, jalapeño slices, sour cream or crema, Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa and fresh herbs. Serve with hot sauce on the side and dig in!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Don't walk away from your oven. The cheese only needs about 3-5 minutes to melt, so don't get distracted! You don't want your tater tots or cheese to burn. The goal here is just to let the cheese melt, not to cook the dish.
- Customize your toppings. If you're hosting a big party, you might want to set up a toppings bar so everyone can top their cheesy totchos to their hearts desire. More jalapeños for me, please!
- Use any brand of tater tots you like. Any frozen bag will do the trick. Just make sure to follow the package instructions so they're perfectly crisp and ready for all the toppings.
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! -- Mike H.
Totchos Recipe (Tater Tot Nachos)
- 2 pound bag cooked tater tots
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 container of Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa or Fresh Cravings Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers sliced
- Homemade Guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream or crema
- Fresh chopped cilantro and hot sauce for serving
- Cook your tator tots according to the packaging instructions. Add your cooked tater tots to a large oven-safe pan and cover with black beans and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Cool slightly, then top with guacamole, jalapeno slices, sour cream or crema, Fresh Cravings Chunky Salsa and fresh herbs. Serve with hot sauce on the side.
Melissa Griffiths says
Totchos- haha! I love it!