A recipe for chicken sliders made with ground chicken, Buffalo sauce, crumbly blue cheese, plenty of seasonings and Serrano peppers for an extra spicy kick. Perfect for any party!
Party times are on the way, my friends! Spring is FINALLY here and I’m freaking PUMPED because I’m really not much of a winter guy. I prefer the warmer weather where I can work with my windows open and I don’t freeze my appendages off when I step outside.
Spring and warmer weather bring some great things with them, including outdoor grilling (though heck YEAH you can still grill in the winter, but dude, it’s still cold!), and with outdoor grilling comes awesome gatherings! We’re talking parties, right?
When you have yourself a party, it is best to pass the drinks around and then serve everyone up a great starter, like these. We’re talking…
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Sliders.
What I LOVE about these is that they are big on the BOLD flavors that I’m sure you KNOW I love by now, and you do too, but they’re small enough to work as an appetizer. Everyone can have a single slider and they’ll be ready for the main course when that comes around.
Or hey, maybe some people want to just eat Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Sliders. I have no problem with that. However YOU like to do it. Cool!
They’re great for the kids as well. Come on, we’re creating young little chiliheads here, right? I thought so. They’ll love these.
Making them is a snap. First, you’ll mix up your ground chicken with chopped Serrano peppers, blue cheese, Buffalo sauce, seasonings, a bit of olive oil and some breadcrumbs. The breadcrumbs will help hold a solid consistency so they don’t fall apart on you. If Serrano peppers are too hot, you can easily sub them for jalapeno peppers, or even milder peppers.
Next, hand mix the meat mixture into small burger patties. With this recipe, you’ll get 8 2-ounce slider patties, though it easily scales up, so plan accordingly.
Next, you can either grill these on your grill or cook them up on the kitchen stove, whichever you prefer. Get the pan cook and hot and grill them 3-4 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through.
That’s it! Serve them up on slider buns with some leafy lettuce, extra blue cheese and Buffalo sauce. Maybe toss on some grilled jalapeno peppers, or a bit of smashed avocado. I don’t know, go to town! This is some great stuff!
Let me know how they turn out for you, my friends. Curious to hear how the party likes them! Get cooking! – Mike H.
I did a version of this recipe recently for Chile Pepper Magazine. If you're interested in spicy cooking, get your subscription to "Chile Pepper Magazine", my friends! That's an affiliate link - FYI. I've been a regular contributor for a while now. Highly recommended!
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Sliders – Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Heat Factor; MEDIUM-HOT
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 serrano peppers, minced
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese + more for topping
- ¼ cup Buffalo Sauce + more for serving
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for the pan
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs, or more if needed
- 8 slider buns, lightly toasted
- Leafy lettuce for serving
- To a mixing bowl, add ground chicken with serrano peppers, ½ cup blue cheese, ¼ cup Buffalo sauce, paprika, garlic powder, olive oil and 3 tablespoons bread crumbs. Hand mix, but do not overmix or the sliders can become mealy. If the meat mixture doesn’t stick together enough, add a bit more bread crumbs.
- Form the meat mixture into 8 2-ounce slider patties roughly the width of your buns. They will shrink a bit when cooked.
- Heat olive oil on a large grill pan to medium heat and cook the sliders about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the sliders on toasted buns with leafy lettuce and extra blue cheese crumbles. Top with extra Buffalo sauce.
Makes 8 sliders.