Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the ultimate game day food! Spicy seasoned ground chicken is cooked to perfection in just a few minutes on your stovetop and served between two buns with plenty of blue cheese, buffalo sauce, and lettuce.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
What I really love about these buffalo chicken sliders is that they are big on the BOLD flavors! While they may be small bites, they really pack a punch from ingredients like serrano peppers, smoked paprika, buffalo sauce and more.
You can serve these bad boys as your appetizer or entree and they'll be a huge hit either way!
Making them is a snap. These are more like little burger chicken sliders as opposed to shredded chicken sliders, though you can make them that way, too.
I'll discuss that more in the recipe notes section below!
There's so much to customize here from the buns, to the chicken, even to the sauce and heat factor. You can really make these sliders fit your needs however you'd like.
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Ground chicken
- Serrano peppers
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Buffalo sauce
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Bread crumbs
- Slider buns
- Leafy lettuce
How to Make this Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
Make the chicken mixture. Combine the ground chicken with serrano peppers, blue cheese, buffalo sauce, paprika, garlic powder, olive oil and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Mix until just combined and try no to overdo it!
Form the patties. Use your hands to form the chicken mixture into evenly sized patties that will fit on your buns. Keep in mind that they'll shrink a little bit when cooked.
Cook the patties. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken patties for about 3-4 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Assemble the sliders. Serve the cooked sliders on toasted buns with leafy lettuce and extra blue cheese crumbles. Top with more buffalo sauce and dig in!
Boom! Done! Your Buffalo chicken sliders are ready to serve! They look so good, don't they? I think I could eat a dozen of these. Yum.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- I recommend using Hawaiian rolls. Soft Hawaiian rolls are great for this recipe, as are dinner rolls, for quick and easy slider buns.
- You can use shredded chicken. Save yourself some time and serve this up with shredded rotisserie chicken you can purchase from the store. Just shred it up and heat it with your buffalo sauce. Or, use easy slow cooker shredded chicken.
- Any buffalo sauce works. Use your favorite brand of buffalo sauce for this recipe. Many people love Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, but I enjoy making my own homemade buffalo sauce recipe. The base is hot sauce and melted butter mixture, with a few other flavor building ingredients.
- Adjust the heat factor. If you're concerned about the heat, skip the serrano peppers and go with milder, like the wonderful jalapeño pepper! If you'd like some extra heat and spicy, consider adding in some habanero peppers, or maybe even ghost peppers, you crazy chilihead, you.
Once the sliders are assembled with all of your fixings, they should be served immediately. You don't want the buffalo sauce to make your buns soggy!
However, you can make the chicken patties ahead of time if you'd like. Cook the slider patties according to the recipe steps, then let them cool before storing them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. For the best results, reheat them in a pan over medium-low heat until warmed through.
I don't recommend reheating the chicken patties in the microwave. They will dry out that way.
Enjoy More of Our Favorite Easy Slider Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 serrano peppers minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese + more for topping
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce + more for serving
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil + more for the pan
- 3 tbsp bread crumbs or more if needed
- 8 slider buns lightly toasted
- 1 Leafy lettuce for serving
- To a mixing bowl, add ground chicken with serrano peppers, ½ cup blue cheese, ¼ cup Buffalo sauce, paprika, garlic powder, olive oil and 3 tablespoons bread crumbs. Hand mix, but do not overmix or the sliders can become mealy. If the meat mixture doesn’t stick together enough, add a bit more bread crumbs.
- Form the meat mixture into 8 2-ounce slider patties roughly the width of your buns. They will shrink a bit when cooked.
- Heat olive oil on a large grill pan to medium heat and cook the sliders about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the sliders on toasted buns with leafy lettuce and extra blue cheese crumbles. Top with extra Buffalo sauce.