Chorizo con Huevos (Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo) Recipe
A spicy Mexican breakfast recipe, chorizo con huevos is made with Mexican chorizo and scrambled eggs served over warmed corn tortillas.
You can give me Chorizo con Huevos any day of the week. I will eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack…anytime!
This very simple Mexican breakfast recipe needs no complication because, like most Mexican food, the simple combination is perfect on its own. It takes very little time to prepare – heck, it took me longer to roast the jalapenos and chop the ingredients – so if you’re in a hurry or just plain starving, this might be your new go-to dish.
Spicy chorizo is the way to go, but if you’d like to lower some of that heat, you can purchase milder chorizo.
Let’s talk about how we make Chorizo con Huevos, shall we?
How to Make Chorizo con Huevos – the Recipe Method
First, heat a large pan to medium heat and add your Mexican chorizo. Cook about 5-6 minutes, or until chorizo is cooked through.
Next, add your eggs and scramble them up, stirring often. You want to get it all nice and mixed up. Cook until the eggs are set but still moist. Set aside.
Warm your tortillas and spoon in the egg-chorizo mixture.
Top with diced avocado, cheese and cilantro.
Serve with crema and hot sauce for that extra flair.
BOOM! Easy, right? Chorizo con Huevos is ready for you to enjoy!
Once the chorizo is cooked up, the eggs cook up in very little time. Keep them moist. You don’t want to dry out the eggs too much, though that would be difficult with the fat content of the chorizo, which is AWESOME, by the way.
Toppings and Garnish for Your Chorizo con Huevos
Toppings are really based on your preference, though I prefer roasted jalapeno peppers, a bit of cheese and crema, cilantro, and of course, diced avocado, though in Mexican restaurants, I’ll usually just get them plain and load them up on their homemade sauces.
Oh yes, don’t forget the hot sauce! An absolute must! If you don’t have your favorite hot sauce on hand, try making some of our homemade hot sauces.
Try Some of My Other Popular Breakfast Recipes
- Jacked-Shuka – Extra Spicy Eggs in Hell
- Menemen – Turkish-Style Scrambled Eggs with Peppers
- Chilaquiles Rojos with Ancho Chili Sauce
- Chilaquiles Verdes
- Spicy Pepper Lover’s Omelet
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole
- Papas con Chorizo
Or try these awesome Chorizo Tacos!
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Chorizo con Huevos Recipe - Scrambled Eggs with Mexican Chorizo
- 6 ounces chorizo
- 4 eggs beaten
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado diced
- ¼ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Crema or sour cream for serving
- Roasted jalapeno peppers for serving
- Your favorite hot sauce for serving
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add chorizo. Cook about 5-6 minutes, or until chorizo is cooked through.
- Add eggs and stir often. You want to get it all nice and mixed up. Cook until the eggs are set but still moist. Set aside.
- Warm your tortillas and spoon in the egg-chorizo mixture.
- Top with diced avocado, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with crema and hot sauce for that extra flair.
This recipe was updated on 6/5/19 to include new information. It was originally published on 6/24/15.