Chorizo con Huevos is the best meal to start your day with! Scrambled eggs with chorizo is great for tossing into warm corn tortillas and serving with all of your favorite toppings.
Chorizo con Huevos Recipe
You can give me Chorizo con Huevos any day of the week. I will eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack...anytime! Wrapped in a warm corn tortilla with the best toppings, this easy scrambled eggs and chorizo recipe always hits the spot.
This very simple Mexican breakfast recipe needs no complication because, like most Mexican food, the simple combination is perfect on its own. It takes very little time to prepare - heck, it took me longer to roast the jalapeños and chop the ingredients! So if you're in a hurry or just plain starving, this might be your new go-to dish.
Ingredients in Chorizo con Huevos
Here's what you'll need to make the very best Mexican breakfast. You may already have most of it in your fridge right now!
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded white cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Crema or sour cream
- Roasted jalapeño peppers (for serving)
- Your favorite hot sauce (for serving)
How to Make Chorizo Con Huevos
When it's early in the morning, the last thing you want is a stressful recipe. That's why this quick and easy chorizo con huevos recipe is so perfect - it's hassle-free!
Cook the chorizo. Heat a large pan to medium heat and add your Mexican chorizo. Cook about 5-6 minutes, or until chorizo is cooked through.
Scramble the eggs. Add your eggs and scramble them up, stirring often. You want to get it all nice and mixed up. Cook until the eggs are set but still moist. Set aside.
Assemble the breakfast tacos. Warm your tortillas and spoon in the egg-chorizo mixture. Top with diced avocado, cheese and cilantro. Serve with crema and hot sauce for that extra flair.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- The eggs cook quick! Once the chorizo is cooked up, the eggs cook up in very little time. Keep them moist. You don't want to dry out the eggs too much, though that would be difficult with the fat content of the chorizo, which is AWESOME, by the way.
- Add the best toppings. Toppings are really based on your preference, though I prefer roasted jalapeno peppers, a bit of cheese and crema, cilantro, and of course, diced avocado, though in Mexican restaurants, I'll usually just get them plain and load them up on their homemade sauces.
- Add some spice. Oh yes, don't forget the hot sauce! An absolute must! If you don't have your favorite hot sauce on hand, try making some of our homemade hot sauces.
Once cooled to room temperature, any leftover chorizo and eggs you may have will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For the best consistency, I recommend reheating in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through. The microwave will zap the life right out of your eggs!
Try Some of My Other Popular Breakfast Recipes
- Jacked-Shuka – Extra Spicy Eggs in Hell
- Menemen - Turkish-Style Scrambled Eggs with Peppers
- Chilaquiles Rojos with Ancho Chili Sauce
- Chilaquiles Verdes
- Spicy Pepper Lover’s Omelet
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole
- Papas con Chorizo
- Spicy Breakfast Tacos
- Homemade Refried Beans (Frijoles Refritos)
Or try these awesome Chorizo Tacos!
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you'll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don't forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I'll be sure to share! Thanks! -- Mike H.
Chorizo con Huevos Recipe - Scrambled Eggs with Mexican Chorizo
- 6 ounces chorizo
- 4 eggs beaten
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado diced
- ¼ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Crema or sour cream for serving
- Roasted jalapeno peppers for serving
- Your favorite hot sauce for serving
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add chorizo. Cook about 5-6 minutes, or until chorizo is cooked through.
- Add eggs and stir often. You want to get it all nice and mixed up. Cook until the eggs are set but still moist. Set aside.
- Warm your tortillas and spoon in the egg-chorizo mixture.
- Top with diced avocado, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with crema and hot sauce for that extra flair.
This recipe was updated on 6/5/19 to include new information. It was originally published on 6/24/15.