This post has been sponsored by Frito-Lay. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The game day snack table just got better with this easy southwest-style cheese dip recipe that’s perfect for noshing. Grab a bag of chips!
Game day is almost here! Can you believe it? My team didn’t make the playoffs this year, but it’s easy to overcome my disappointment because, to be honest, I care more about the Super Bowl LII snack table than I do about the game. I admit it! And, I know I’m not alone, especially when we have a powerhouse snack like this one that is HUGE on flavor.
We’re talking Southwest-Style Cheese Dip that is gooey-cheesy with just the right amount of spicy kick, and it is perfectly paired with a fresh bag of DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips.
You gotta love Doritos® and dip. Perfect combination. Check these out.
I brought some to our holiday party at grandma’s house this year and wow! Gone! Sorry, family. I should have made more.
It’s super easy to make, too, which is important because you know you’d rather be watching the game than cooking all day.
You can even make it ahead of time and bring it with you, like I did recently. Just heat it up a bit and serve.
Check out the ingredients.
Lots of cheese, right? PERFECT! You need cheese to make a cheese dip, my friends.
We’re including cream cheese, cheddar, pepper jack and Parmesan cheeses, the perfect dip combo, but we’re also spicing things up with diced jalapeno peppers, earthy black beans and plenty of Southwest seasonings.
Let’s talk about how you make it.
How to Make This Southwest-Style Cheese Dip - The Recipe Method
First! Heat the cream cheese with crema or sour cream and butter in pan until they are nice and melted through. Like so…
It gets VERY creamy.
Next, stir in the jalapeno peppers. I added 2 diced jalapeno peppers, but you can add more if you’d like. You can even go for hotter peppers if you and your party can handle it.
Ghost peppers, anyone?
Next, stir in your shredded cheeses, a bit at a time.
Stir continuously so the cheeses melt through consistently. It may seem like a lot of cheese, but don’t worry. It will blend down perfectly.
Finally, swirl in the black beans and your seasonings. Like so.
Blend it all together into your gooey, wonderful dip and you’re good to go! Serve it up immediately on the game table with a bag or two of tortilla chips. Flavor overload?
Or, cool it enough to pour into a container and carry it along with you. You’re good to go!
May the best team win! I already won with this dip.
Find more delicious Frito-Lay recipes on their Pinterest page!
Try Out Some of My Other Popular Dip Recipes
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- Creamy-Crunchy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Easy Cheesy Chipotle Bean Dip
- One-Pan Hatch Chili Cheese Dip
- Meaty Chili Cheese Dip
- Queso Fundido
- Zesty Layered Taco Dip
- Zesty Sour Cream Dip
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you'll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don't forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I'll be sure to share! Thanks! -- Mike H.
Southwest-Style Cheese Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream or crema
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers diced
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 1 tablespoon spicy chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR SERVING: DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Heat the cream cheese, butter and sour cream or crema in a pan, swirling often, until the mixture become very creamy.
- Stir in the jalapeno peppers, then swirl in the cheeses a bit at a time, constantly stirring, until the cheeses melt completely through.
- Stir in the black beans, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and a bit of salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Serve immediately.