Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
My favorite jalapeno popper dip recipe made with loads of bacon, it is extra cheesy, creamy, and just the right amount of spicy. It’s the perfect party appetizer.
This jalapeno popper dip is so cheesy and filled with bacon, it’s just like having your favorite jalapeno poppers appetizer in dip form. Grab yourself a handful of chips, my friends, and dig on in.
If you’re a fan of jalapeno poppers – and really, who isn’t? – you’re going to LOVE this recipe. It’s perfect for all of your game day celebrations, or for whatever party your throwing.
Got a gathering at someone else’s place? Bring this! You can bake it in their oven and serve it right up. Be the life of the party. Win Friends. Influence People.
Everyone who knows me knows I am a HUGE lover of jalapeno poppers. You can tell by the many variations in my Jalapeno Poppers Recipes section of the site, but also by the entire cookbook I’ve dedicated to the subject – Jalapeno Poppers and Other Stuffed Chili Peppers.
I just can’t help myself! They really are the best thing. Ever. Especially in dip form.
Let’s talk about how we make this wonderfully cheesy-creamy Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip, shall we?
How to Make Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip – the Recipe Method
First, gather up your ingredients, which includes cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese, cooked bacon, mayo, Mexican crema or sour cream, jalapeno peppers (of course!), garlic, cilantro and some seasonings. You can use extra jalapeno peppers if you’d like. Toss in some serrano peppers for even more heat.
Next, add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, but reserve some of the shredded cheeses, chopped jalapenos and cilantro for garnish.
Mix everything until it is fully combined, like so.
Next, spread the cream cheese mixture into a baking dish. Spread it out evenly to fit in the dish.
Top with the reserved shredded cheeses.
Bake the whole dish for about 15 minutes, or until the cheeses are nicely bubbly and the to is golden brown.
Remove and top with the reserved jalapenos and cilantro.
Serve it up with tortilla chips! Please, dig in!
That’s it, my friends! I hope you enjoy your Jalapeno Popper Dip with Extra Bacon!
- Core the Jalapenos for a Milder Jalapeno Popper Dip. If you’re concerned about the spiciness of the dip, core out the fresh jalapeno peppers before cooking with them. Most of the heat resides in the whitish innards, so that will reduce the overall heat.
- Spice It Up! If you’d like a spicier version of the recipe, include more jalapeno peppers, or incorporate some hotter peppers, such as serrano peppers or habanero peppers. Ghost peppers, anyone? You can also vary up the amounts of jalapenos and bacon. Include more or less to your preference. I doubled the jalapenos and loved it.
- Cheeses. Pepper jack cheese is nice and melty and I use it for this recipe, but any melty cheese will do. Try it out with Monterrey jack cheese or cheddar cheese. You can also use a mix of cheeses. Add in some parmesan cheese for some added flavor.
- Crumbly Topping. As a variation, try topping the dish with bread crumbs or crispy panko bread crumbs mixed with some melted butter for a crumbly topping with some added crunch.
- Other Ingredients. If you can’t find fresh jalapeno peppers, try a can of diced green chilies for a cheese chili dip. Green onions are nice for a topping. I normally use fresh chopped herbs and some chopped jalapeno peppers. And chili flakes!
Try Out Some of My Other Popular Dip Recipes
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- Creamy-Crunchy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Southwest Style Cheese Dip
- Queso Fundido
- Zesty Layered Taco Dip
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip – Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack or Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon chopped (or more as desired)
- 1/3 cup mayo
- ½ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 2 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, but reserve some of the shredded cheeses, chopped jalapenos and cilantro for garnish.
- Mix everything until it is fully combined, then spread into a baking dish. Top with the reserved shredded cheeses.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until the jalapeno popper dip cheeses are nicely bubbly.
- Remove and top with the reserved jalapenos and cilantro.
- Serve with chips!