Homemade Air Fryer Cajun Curly French Fries are just as delicious as they sound! The air fryer makes these curly fries nice and crispy while the homemade spicy Cajun season creates the BEST flavor.
Homemade Air Fryer Cajun Curly French Fries
I don't fry many foods, and the advantage of an air fryer is that you use MUCH less oil. In fact, instead of needing several cups of oil, I only needed 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the air fryer to make these crispy as can be french fries! It's not that I am opposed to frying, I just don't want to use a lot of oil for a small side dish.
By using the air fryer to make these curly fries, I don't have to worry about all that oil and I still get crispy fries every single time! Trust me - these fries are seriously addictive, especially when tossed in my favorite spicy Cajun seasoning. They might just be more popular than whatever your main entree is...
Ingredients in Cajun Curly Fries
- Olive Oil
- Cajun seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
How to Make Curly Fries in the Air Fryer
Cut the potatoes. Use your spiralizer to cut the potatoes according to the directions on your spiralizer. You should have a curly fry blade for this.
Soak. Soak the sliced potatoes in water for 30 minutes.
Season the potatoes. Drain the water and dry off the potatoes. Toss them with oil and seasonings.
Air fry the fries. Preheat your air fryer to 390°F and add half of the potatoes to the basket. Cook for 10-15 minutes total, stirring the basket a few times during cooking, until they are to your preferred crispness. Repeat this process until all fries are cooked.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Cut the fries however you'd like. I used a spiralizer to make curly fries, but you can just slice them into french fry size if you'd like. I recommend getting a spiralizer, as it makes the process super easy.
- Don't forget the sauce! Serve these up with this awesome Jacked Up Fry Sauce Recipe to really send them over the top.
- Measure the seasoning with your heart. This recipe calls for a couple tablespoons of Cajun seasonings, but you can add more if you'd like. Potatoes can REALLY absorb the seasoning, that's for sure!
In an airtight container in the fridge, Cajun curly fries will stay fresh for about 2-3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for just a few minutes for the best results!
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you'll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don't forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I'll be sure to share! Thanks! -- Mike H.
Homemade Air Fryer Curly French Fries Recipe with Cajun Spices
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use your spiralizer to spiralizer the potatoes according to directions. You should have a curly fry blade for this.
- Soak the potatoes in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and dry off the potatoes. Toss them with oil and your seasonings. These potatoes can absorb a lot of seasoning, so don’t be afraid to season liberally.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F and add half of the potatoes to the basket. Cook for 10-15 minutes total, stirring the basket a few times during cooking, until they are to your preferred crispness.
- Remove and do the same for the remaining potatoes.