This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingofFlavor and #FlavorRocks
This spicy beer dip recipe is jacked up with your favorite hot sauce, perfect for any party, an anytime snack, and ridiculously easy to make.
Are there any music lovers in the house? AND hot sauce fans? I hope so, because I’ve got an amazing cheesy beer dip recipe that’s been “jacked up” with El Yucateco® Black Label Reserve Chile Habanero Hot Sauce, and it’s just the right thing to bring to your next concert venue or music fest, basically wherever you can kick back and enjoy your favorite tunes.
For those who enjoy big flavors, El Yucateco® is perfect for your upcoming summer music adventures. It’s super convenient, as you can just toss a bottle into a bag or purse when it’s time to hit the music scene.
So let’s get to work!
Spicy Beer Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese. 8 ounces, softened.
- Crema. 4 ounces, or sour cream.
- Colby Jack Cheese. 1 cup, shredded, cheddar works, too.
- Beer. 4 ounces or more to taste.
- Chili Powder. 1 tablespoon.
- Garlic Powder. 1 tablespoon.
- Spicy Hot Sauce. 2-3 tablespoons, or more to taste.
- Green Onion. Chopped, for serving - optional.
How to Make Spicy Beer Dip - The Recipe Method
This beer dip is crazy easy to make. It’s all mixing.
All you need is cream cheese, crema or sour cream, shredded Colby Jack cheese or cheddar cheese, a bit of beer, some seasonings and your favorite hot sauce.
For the beer, I chose a lighter IPA because I hugely enjoy the hoppy flavors of a good IPA, but you can use an easy light beer. Or, try a Mexican style beer, which is my other go-to for this recipe.
Add it all to a large bowl and pour in a couple tablespoons of the hot sauce.
Or hey, be like me and add even MORE. The flavor keeps getting better! Dash that stuff right in there!
Easy, right? Now, get to stirring. It’s easy enough to mix it by hand, but you can use a hand mixer as well, or beat the cream cheese in a food processor for extra fluffy beer dip.
Seriously, you’re practically done. You can totally eat this right now, but it is better to let the flavors mingle a while in the fridge, at least a couple hours, more ideally overnight, though. 15 minutes will do if you're in a rush. I know you want your cream cheese beer dip right now!
Just cover it up and it will be ready to accompany you on your musical experience.
Don’t forget the chips!
Sprinkle on a few chopped green onions for color if you'd like.
Patty and I enjoy bringing this dip to one of our favorite music venues, Ravinia. Summers are great when you can sit outside with a couple drinks, some fine zesty beer dip, sitting on a blanket, listing to live music. We’ve been going there for years.
So many great memories, and so many more to come.
Storage & Leftovers
Storing your Spicy Beer Dip in an airtight container in the fridge may allow you to store the leftovers for up to 3-4 days. To maximize the storage life, make sure to refrigerate it promptly.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Serving. Serve your spicy beer cheese dip with soft pretzels, or serve with pretzels or crunchy tortilla chips. So good!
- The Beer. You can use any type of beer for this dip. I love a flavorful IPA for my beer dip, but use your favorite.
- Seasonings. Try this with a ranch dressing mix or ranch seasonings for a unique flavor. It's very popular!
Check them out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elyucateco/
Try Out Some of My Other Popular Dip Recipes
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
- Creamy-Crunchy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Mexican Corn Dip
- Southwest Style Cheese Dip
- Easy Cheesy Chipotle Bean Dip
- Queso Fundido
- Zesty Layered Taco Dip
- Creamy White Bean Dip with Harissa
If you make this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! — Mike H.
Spicy Beer Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces crema or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese cheddar works, too
- 4 ounces beer or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Spicy hot sauce or more to taste
- Chopped green onion for serving - optional
- To a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, Colby Jack cheese and beer. Mix well. If you’d like it a bit creamier, add in a bit more beer and mix to your desired consistency.
- Add chili powder, garlic and El Yucateco® Black Label Reserve Chile Habanero Hot Sauce. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust with more hot sauce as you’d like!
- Cover the dip and refrigerate it at least 2 hours to let it set and allow the flavors to mingle a bit. It can be served right away, but it’s even better when you let it site, especially overnight.
- Eat it right out of the container with chips, or serve it into a bowl and garnish with some chopped green onion.