Roasted Red Pepper-Feta Cheese Dip (Htipiti) features feta cheese, roasted red peppers, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and a medley of seasonings. Make this addictive dip for your next party or tailgating session and watch it disappear!
Roasted Red Pepper-Feta Cheese Dip (Htipiti)
Looking for a new seriously quick and easy party food dip recipe? You just found it. We're all about big and bold flavors here in the Madness household, and this one certainly fits. It's called "htipiti", a Greek dip made primarily with feta cheese and roasted red peppers.
As with any dip of this sort, variations abound across the web and subtle changes in ingredients may result in the branding of a new name, but at its core, it's a roasted red pepper and feta cheese dip with olive oil and seasonings that will light up your world and make everyone like you at your next bash.
It may sound like I am overstating it, but I'm not. I did a test run of this recipe for Patty and me a couple days before one of our neighborhood gatherings. We each took a bite to sample it, stopped breathing for a sec, stared into each other's eyes and said collective, "um, this is dinner." I know, right? Dip for dinner? Yes.
Let's talk about how to make it!
Ingredients in Spicy Feta Dip (Htipiti)
All of these natural ingredients like garlic and lemon juice are blended to perfection with feta cheese and simple seasonings. It's a budget-friendly recipe you'll want to enjoy over and over again!
- Feta cheese
- Red peppers (roasted) – I used 2 apple peppers and 2 crimson reds, but any mid-sized to larger peppers will do.
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
How to Make Htipiti (Roasted Red Pepper-Feta Cheese Dip) - The Recipe Method
Roast a couple of large red peppers. Bell peppers are totally fine for this. I used some apple peppers and crimson reds that we grew in our garden, so we got a little extra heat. LOVE IT! Feel free to experiment with different types of peppers. For more info, check out - How to Roast Chili Peppers!
Blend it all together. Toss all of your ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
In an airtight container in the fridge, this dip will stay fresh for about 2-3 days. It's a pretty great make-ahead recipe!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Use red peppers. I suggest using red peppers that lean toward sweet. You CAN use green peppers, but you won't get the vibrant color and it probably won't be as visually enticing.
- You can make it whatever consistency you'd like. You can serve it up with a chunkier consistency, even swirl in more feta cheese to achieve that result. Or, go ahead and keep processing until it is super smooth and the feta cheese is whipped and fluffy. I like it a bit in the middle.
- Don't forget to garnish! Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and garnish with a bit more olive oil, chopped roasted red peppers, crumbled feta cheese, maybe a bit of extra crushed red pepper flakes. Make it pretty! People like that sort of thing. And me, too. Makes me want to grab it and eat it.
Try Some of My Other Popular Recipes
If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you'll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don't forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I'll be sure to share! Thanks! -- Mike H.
Roasted Red Pepper-Feta Cheese Dip (Htipiti) – Recipe
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 4 red peppers roasted – I used 2 apple peppers and 2 crimson reds, but any mid-sized to larger peppers will do.
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil + more for topping
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add everything to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- If desired, you can add in more olive oil to achieve a creamier consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with extra olive oil.
- Serve with toasted crostinis or crackers.