Tiburon Hybrid Chili Pepper
Scoville Heat Units: 1,000 – 2,000 SHU
The Tiburon Hybrid chili pepper is a type of poblano pepper that offers very large pepper harvests and extra large peppers.
It is fairly low on the Scoville Heat Unit Scale, measuring in at between 1,000 – 2,000 SHU. The pods range from 5-7 inches long by 2.5-3.5 inches wide. The pepper walls are medium-thick, and the 3-lobed pods mature from a dark green to red. The peppers are shaped more like pendants.
The Tiburon Hybrid Poblano pepper is a mid season plant, offering pods in 70-80 days.
Cooking with Tiburon Hybrid / Poblano Peppers
The Tiburon Hybrid, along with the poblano pepper, is an ideal stuffing pepper. I personally love to roast them and use them right away or freeze them roasted for using anytime I want them.
You can also dry them or smoke and dry them, then grind them into ancho powder.
Try These Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipes
- Picadillo (Beef) Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Classic Chiles Rellenos
- Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Looking for more ideas? Stuffed Pepper Recipes.
- Get More Poblano Pepper Recipes Here
- Learn more about Poblano Peppers here.
- Learn more about Ancho Peppers here.
- Buy Chili Pepper Plants and Seeds