This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nielsen-Massey.
This recipe for grilled lemon-pepper chicken wings is extra lemony, as we’re tossing them in a mixture of black pepper and lemon paste, grilling them to crispy perfection, then finishing them with a peppery lemon paste and butter mixture. Fire up those grills, my friends!
It’s time to fire up those grills, my friends!
It’s Summer Party time, and there’s nothing better than getting that grill nice and hot and cooking up some amazing food for a group of people. One meal I LOVE grilling up for a group is chicken wings, especially these –
Lemony Grilled Lemon-Pepper Chicken Wings! Yes!
Lucky for me, I’m cooking with Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste today because I want these wings to be extra deliciously lemony and because, you know, they’re just BETTER that way.
What I love about Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste is that is really transforms a dish without the need for juicing or zesting. I can use it as a finishing touch or as a starting flavor component, which I’ve done both ways for this recipe.
Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste contains oil drawn from the natural essence of the highest quality California lemons, and you’ll truly taste that quality.
Let’s talk about how we make these chicken wings, shall we?
They’re incredibly easy.
Making Lemony Grilled Lemon-Pepper Chicken Wings – The Recipe Method
First, pat your chicken wings very dry, as dry as you can get them. The dried skins help to make them crispy. Add them to a large bowl.
Next, whisk together some olive oil, black pepper and lemon paste. Pour the mixture over the chicken wings to coat them evenly.
I added a bit more lemon paste to make them EXTRA lemony.
Next, heat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken wings 30-40 minutes, flipping occasionally, or until they are cooked through and the skins are nice and crispy.
When the wings are nearly done, whisk together a bit of melted butter, lemon paste and black pepper. It will look like this.
Brush the wings with the lemony butter-pepper mixture. Make sure they are nicely coated.
Look at how they glisten! So juicy and tender and crispy out the outside. And so very lemony.
I love the combination of the lemon and pepper. This is a no-heat version of the recipe, though you’ll get big flavor from the lemon paste and some spiciness from the black pepper, but if you’re looking for a hotter version, feel free to incorporate some spicy chili flakes or a dash of spicy chili powder.
I didn’t think it was needed, as they’re CRAZY GOOD just the way they are.
That’s it, my friends! Fire up those grills! It’s time for Extra Lemony Grilled Lemon-Pepper Chicken Wings!
Check Out Some of My Other Popular Chicken Wing Recipes
- Crispy Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- Jalapeno-Cheddar Chicken Wings
- Grilled Ghost Pepper Chicken Wings
- Baked Ghost Pepper Chicken Wings
- Mango-Habanero Chicken Wings
- Sticky Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings
- One-Pot Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chicken Wings
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings
- Grilled Jerk Chicken Wings
- Sticky Chicken Wings
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! -- Mike H.
Lemony Grilled Lemon-Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken wings separated, wing tips removed
FOR THE FIRST ROUND
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
FOR THE FINAL SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pat the chicken wings very dry and add them to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon paste and black pepper, then pour the mixture over the chicken wings. Toss to evenly coat them.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken wings 30-40 minutes, flipping occasionally, or until they are cooked through and the skins are nice and crispy.
- Whisk together the melted butter, lemon paste and black pepper.
- Brush the wings with the lemony butter-pepper mixture. Make sure they are nicely coated.
- Serve and enjoy.