This honey-sriracha sauce recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and heat, ready in minutes, perfect for glazing chicken, wings, shrimp, so much more.
Easy Honey-Sriracha Sauce Recipe
We're making Honey-Sriracha Sauce in the Chili Pepper Madness kitchen today, my friends. This is the simple sweet and spicy sauce you've been looking for.
It's a simple combination of sriracha and honey with a few other very simple ingredients, and it's extremely versatile, perfect for the spicy food lover.
It's also very easy to make, which is a bonus for those nights when you want big flavor but you don't want to spend a lot of time developing it.
All it takes is a bit of whisking and a bit of heat in a small pot. It's also very easy to customize to your own tastes and heat preferences.
I know you're going to love it!
Let's talk about how to make honey-sriracha sauce, shall we?
Honey-Sriracha Sauce Ingredients You'll Need
The full ingredients list with full measurements is listed in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Sriracha. Use your favorite brand, or try my homemade sriracha hot sauce.
- Soy Sauce. Optional. Soy sauce adds a nice touch of umami to the final sauce.
- Rice Vinegar. You can use other vinegars, like apple cider vinegar, but rice vinegar is milder. Or use lemon juice or lime juice for a nice citrus pop.
- Garlic. I use garlic powder or granulated, but fresh garlic is great here.
- Butter. For a creamier quality and flavor.
How to Make Honey-Sriracha Sauce - the Recipe Method
Whisk the Ingredients. Whisk together the sriracha, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and salt to taste in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
Simmer the Sauce. Simmer for 3-4 minutes to let the flavors combine.
You don't really need to bring it to a boil, but you can simmer longer if you'd like to develop the flavor.
Whisk in Butter. Gently whisk in the butter until it melts through and the sauce thickens slightly.
This makes it a bit like a homemade Buffalo sauce, but made with sriracha instead of a typical hot sauce, sweetened with honey. I love it.
Boom! Done! Your honey-sriracha sauce is ready to serve. Easy enough to make, isn't it? This has so many uses. I can't wait to hear how you're going to use yours!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- You can easily make a double or triple batch and keep it in the fridge to use all month long.
- Adjust the flavor by adding other spices and dried herbs, such as paprika, cumin, onion powder, basil, or Mexican oregano.
Sriracha-honey sauce is a fantastic glaze or sauce for many dishes. Here are some of my favorite ways to use it:
- Honey-Sriracha Chicken. Use it to glaze chicken breast as you grill it for big flavor.
- Honey-Sriracha Chicken Wings. No matter how you prepare your wings, this sauce is the perfect finisher.
- Honey-Sriracha Salmon. This is one of my favorite ways to serve salmon. You seriously have to try it.
- Honey-Sriracha Meatballs. This a fantastic appetizer! Works with any ground meats!
- Shrimp. Use it to glaze grilled or fried shrimp for deliciousness. Or use it as a shrimp dipper.
- Vegetables. Glaze your favorite vegetables to take them to a new level of flavor. Or, try as part of a salad dressing!
- Dipping Sauce. Use this sweet and spicy sauce as a dipper for French fries, chicken nuggets, or just about anything you like to dip.
Mild-Medium. Much will depend on the brand of sriracha you're using, though the heat and spicy flavor is tempered a bit from the sweetness of the honey.
You can up the heat factor by including a spicy chili powder like cayenne or hotter, or spicy chili flakes. You can also add sliced spicy red chili peppers to the mix to really heat things up.
You can lower the heat by using a sweet sriracha sauce brand and adding a bit more honey.
Store your honey-sriracha sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a month or longer. Simple reheat it to enjoy again.
You can also freeze honey-sriracha sauce in vacuum sealed containers or freezer containers, where it will last for 6 months.
That's it, my friends. I hope you enjoy this honey-sriracha recipe. Let me know if you make it. I'd love to hear how it turned out for you, and if you decided to spice it up!
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Honey-Sriracha Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1.5 teaspoons soy sauce or use up to 2 tablespoons, to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or use lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or use 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk together the sriracha, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and salt to taste in a small pot over medium-low heat.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes to let the flavors combine.
- Gently whisk in the butter until it melts through and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve as desired.