A recipe for some of the spiciest chicken wings around, seasoned with Moruga Scorpion chili pepper power and grilled, then tossed with a simple homemade Buffalo wing sauce.
Extra Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings (with Scorpion Chili Powder)
Superhot! And I love it! Get your hands on some Moruga chili pepper power and feel the burn of these babies. Learn more about the Moruga Scorpion Chili Pepper here.
The Moruga is a powerfully hot pepper, the hottest in the world for a brief time before the Carolina Reaper came along. Still, it is blisteringly hot, coming in around 2.1 Million SHU. If you can get past the heat, you'll really appreciate the flavor of these hot wings.
Let's talk about how we make these chicken wings, shall we?
Extra Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings Ingredients
- Chicken Wings. Separated, wing tips removed.
- Moruga Powder.
- Garlic Powder.
- Onion Powder.
- Salt and Pepper. To taste.
For the Sauce:
- Hot Sauce. Your favorite.
- Parmesan Cheese. Shredded.
How to Make Extra Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings - The Recipe Method
First, pat the chicken wings dry and add them to a large bowl.
Next, add all dried seasonings, including the Moruga Scorpion powder, and rub the wings down. Be sure to get it nicely rubbed into the skin. Feel free to use extra Moruga Scorpion powder, you crazy chilihead, you!
Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
When you're ready to get grilling, heat your grill to medium-high heat.
Grill the wings about 20-25 minutes, flipping often, until cooked through.
Remove from heat and toss in the wing sauce.
For the Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce
While the wings are cooking, add hot sauce, butter and Parmesan cheese to a small pot.
Heat to medium heat while stirring the ingredients until blended.
Reduce heat and simmer until the wings are ready!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Be sure to get your seasonings nicely rubbed into the chicken skin - it is important for all those flavors that make this recipe stand out!
- If you are looking for a sauce that is simpler to make than Buffalo Wing Sauce, check out my Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce Recipe. It ROCKS!
Storage & Leftovers
Spicy grilled chicken wings can typically last in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Don't forget to allow the wings to cool before refrigerating.
Check Out Some of My Other Popular Chicken Wing Recipes
- Crispy Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- Jalapeno-Cheddar Chicken Wings
- Grilled Ghost Pepper Chicken Wings
- Baked Ghost Pepper Chicken Wings
- Sticky Habanero Glazed Chicken Wings
- One-Pot Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chicken Wings
- Baked Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings
- Grilled Jerk Chicken Wings
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Extra Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings - Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings separated, wing tips removed
- 2-3 tablespoons Moruga powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 cup of your favorite hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pat wings dry and add them to a large bowl.
- Add all dried seasonings and rub the wings down. Be sure to get it nicely rubbed into the skin.
- Cover and refrigerate untilready to use.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the wings about 20-25 minutes, flipping often, until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and toss in the wing sauce.
FOR THE SAUCE – while the wings are cooking, add the hot sauce, butter and Parmesan cheese to a small pot.
- Heat to medium heat while stirring the ingredients until blended.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the wings are ready!