Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip features roasted jalapeños, cream cheese, white cheddar cheese and a bouquet of bold seasonings! It can be served hot or cold and is a huge hit either way. Serve it at your next party and watch it disappear!
Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
It's party dip time, my friends, so get those wonderful jalapeño peppers ready and some cream cheese for a super simple dip you can whip together at a moment's notice and bring to your next gathering.
It's smooth, creamy, and has just enough of a kick to please a crowd without making anyone break a sweat.
It's fairly similar to one of my favorite recipes - Creamy-Crunchy Jalapeño Popper Dip Recipe - only this is thicker and it isn't baked. The great thing about it is how quickly you can put this together.
The only real work is roasting up your jalapeño peppers, and that isn't difficult to do!
See How to Roast Chili Peppers for more information on that, but the rest of the work is using a food processor.
Ingredients in Creamy Jalapeno Dip
- Jalapeno peppers
- Cream cheese
- White cheddar cheese
- Ancho chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Spicy chili pepper flakes
How to Make Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
The first thing you need to do is gather up your jalapeño peppers and get them roasted. As mentioned, you can review my page on How to Roast Chili Peppers for more info, but I like to roast them on my stove to over an open flame.
Roast the jalapeños. Just set them onto the burner and turn on the flame. The flames will lick the jalapeno pepper skin, which will char and bubble up.
Flip as you roast. Flip the jalapeños with tongs here and there, making sure to get as much of the skins as possible. It should only take 10 minutes or less.
Peel off the charred skin. Let them cool enough to handle, then peel off the charred skin. I like to wrap the roasted jalapeño peppers in paper towels to let the skins steam and loosen. A paper or plastic bag works nicely, too.
Blend together the ingredients. Chop those wonderful jalapeño peppers up a bit, then toss them into a food processor along with the other ingredients. Process until nice and smooth!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- You can thin it out. You can very easily thin out this roasted jalapeño dip by adding in a half cup of beer or broth and process until it is nicely whipped and creamy. A bubbly lemon-lime soda works great as well, and adds in extra flavor.
- Adjust the heat. Want more heat? Leave the jalapeño seeds in the mix! That's where most of the spiciness is. For less heat, scoop those seeds out and discard them before blending.
- Use full fat cream cheese. Yes, low-fat cream cheese can be used, but your dip won't be as thick and creamy as it could be! Regular cream cheese with the
In an airtight container in the fridge, roasted jalapeño dip will stay fresh for about 2-3 days.
Try Out Some of My Other Popular Dip Recipes
If you make this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #ChiliPepperMadness on Instagram so we can take a look. I always love to see all of your spicy inspirations. Thanks! -- Mike H.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 16 ounces cream cheese 2 packages
- 6 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder or use smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spicy chili pepper flakes for serving
- Roast the jalapeno peppers over an open flame, flipping them here and there, until the skins blacken and char. Alternatively, you can roast them in a broiler not too close to the flame until the skins blacken and bubble up. About 5 minutes (or 15 in the oven).
- Cool, then chop the jalapeno peppers and set them into a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Process until nice and smooth.
- Serve into a bowl with chips and enjoy!