This chipotle chicken recipe is slathered in zesty chipotle and it’s so easy, you’ll have it on the table in practically no time. Very chipotle!
I’ve been on a huge chipotle kick lately. Can’t you tell? I just last week posted my Creamy Chipotle Sauce Recipe, which really emphasizes the zesty, tangy chipotle flavor. Talk about delish.
Now here I am cooking up this super-fast, super easy chipotle chicken recipe that majorly focuses on the chipotle. What can I say? I’m a zesty spicy food lover! I’m a total chilihead! I do LOVE my chipotle, and you know, when I cook with them, I want to SERIOUSLY cook with them!
None of this “1 teaspoon chipotle sauce” stuff. If we’re cooking with chipotles, let’s do this! Right? I’m sure you agree.
Like this recipe. I’m calling it “Quick and Easy Chipotle Chicken” because, well, yeah, it’s quick and it’s easy. The title really says it all.
It isn’t TOO dissimilar from the restaurant chain chipotle chicken, but this one is much better, IMO, because we’re making it at home in our own kitchens, but also because it really is filled with all that chipotle flavor we so crave.
I can’t really emphasize how EASY this is. Please note, though. There IS marinating time. Prep time is practically nothing, but you need at least 1 hour to let the flavors settle into the chicken. It’s best if you do this overnight, so a good plan is to get your chicken marinating the night before you want to make it. Another plan is to whip this together in the morning then cook it up when you get home from work.
Let’s talk about how we make this, then, shall we?
First, add the chicken to a wide flat bowl or to a sealable plastic bag. Whisk together chipotle sauce, lime juice, chipotle powder, garlic powder, onion, powder, cumin and salt. Pour the mixture over the chicken and rub it into the meat.
Next, cover the chicken and let it marinate for at least one hour. Overnight it better.
When you’re ready to cook, heat a large pan or your grill to medium-high heat and cook them up in a bit of olive oil. Easy enough! The specifics are below on internal temps.
You can just slice and serve up this wonderful chipotle chicken meal or chop it up and serve it with tortillas and toppings for some outstand chipotle chicken tacos. I served ours over a bit of cauliflower rice, another recipe I’ve fallen in love with. Check out this one: Cajun Cauliflower Rice. SO. GOOD! Seriously. I also had a side of this for extra chipotle sauciness - Creamy Chipotle Sauce Recipe. Yeah!
This recipe is super versatile, so you can serve it with a side of veggies, over mashed potatoes, really however you enjoy serving chicken breast.
I do hope you enjoy the recipe, my friends! Let me know how it turns out for you! I love this stuff.
Check this out, too – Chipotle Recipes at Chili Pepper Madness. See? Told you I was a fanatic. – Mike H.
Quick and Easy Chipotle Chicken – Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Heat Level: Mild-Medium
- 2 6-ounce chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons chipotle sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder (use chili powder as a substitute)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add the chicken to a wide flat bowl or to a sealable plastic bag.
- Whisk together the chipotle sauce, lime juice, chipotle powder, garlic powder, onion, powder, cumin and salt. Pour over the chicken. Be sure to rub the sauce into the chicken.
- Cover, then refrigerate and marinade at least 1 hour. You can marinade overnight for more chipotle flavor.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat a large pan or your grill to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Cook the chicken breasts about 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium. Flip the chicken and continue to cook another 7-8 minutes, or until it is cooked through. It should measure 165 degrees F. internally.
- Let the breasts rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.