Chipotle Mayo Recipe
This creamy chipotle mayo recipe is so easy to make and the perfect condiment for sandwiches, tacos, burritos and so much more. Learn how to make it.
Today we are making one of our favorite condiments in the Chili Pepper Madness kitchen. It is super easy to make with only 4 primary ingredients, and it is perfect for the spicy food lover.
If you are a fan of chipotles, you’re going to love this sauce. It is creamy, delicious Chipotle Mayo, and it goes on just about everything.
You’ve likely enjoyed chipotle mayo in Mexican restaurants or sandwich shops, or even purchased a store bought version, like chipotle aioli. Homemade is so much better, as you can control exactly how much of each ingredient goes into the sauce.
I love mine with extra chipotle flavor, so I usually add in extra. You can really adjust it so easily to your own personal preferences.
Of course it is great on just about any Mexican food – and so many restaurants offer up their own “secret sauce” which is usually some form of chipotle mayo – but honestly, this is one of the most versatile condiments you’ll ever use.
So delicious on so many things!
Let’s talk about how we make chipotle mayo, shall we?
Chipotle Mayo Ingredients
- Mayonnaise. You can use your favorite brand.
- Sour Cream or Crema. I love Mexican crema for this recipe, as it has less of a sour, tangy flavor than sour cream, but either work great here. Use your preference.
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. You only need a few of them with some of the chipotle sauce, so either save the rest for another recipe, or make a larger batch. Or add extra chipotle chilies in for more chipotle flavor! As an alternative, use 1 tablespoon chipotle powder.
- Lime Juice.
- Salt. To taste.
How to Make Chipotle Mayo – the Recipe Method
Process the Ingredients. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
Taste and Adjust. Taste and adjust to your personal preferences, blending until smooth. Serve and enjoy.
Boom! Done! Your chipotle mayo is ready to serve. I love it for making quick tacos at home, especially with pulled pork for tacos, burritos, tortas and more. Let me know how you are using yours!
This recipe makes about 3/4 cup of chipotle mayo.
Recipe Tips & Notes
- Additional Ingredients. Garlic is a great addition to your smoky chipotle mayo. You can add a clove or 2 of minced garlic, or a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, or add in more for a perfect garlic-chipotle mayo. I love it! You can also try other seasonings, like smoked paprika, cayenne or other chili powder to make it your own. Add a splash of hot sauce or spicy chili flakes! Go for it.
- Serving Chipotle Mayo. Any Mexican or Tex Mex dishes are perfect for chipotle mayo, but don’t limit yourself. Try it out on just about any sandwich where you enjoy mayonnaise. Replace your mayo with this mixture and enjoy a bit of zing!
That’s it, my friends. I hope you enjoy this easy, creamy chipotle mayo recipe. So easy to make, isn’t it? Let me know if you make it. I’d love to hear how it turned out for you. Keep it spicy!
Try Some of My Other Popular Recipes
- Chipotle Sauce
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Spicy Mustard Aioli
- Sriracha Aioli
- Aji Amarillo Sauce
- Creamy Sriracha Mayo
- Cajun Remoulade Sauce
- Creamy Fish Taco Sauce
- Bang Bang Sauce
- Horseradish Sauce
Try Chipotle Mayo on Some of These Popular Recipes
Got any questions? Ask away! I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with some STARS. Also, please share it on social media. Don’t forget to tag us at #ChiliPepperMadness. I’ll be sure to share! Thanks! — Mike H.
Chipotle Mayo Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or Mexican crema or more to taste
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Juice from 1/2 small lime or to taste
- Pinch of salt if desired
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust to your personal preferences. Serve and enjoy.