Sriracha is one of the most popular hot sauces around. You can purchase it from the store, but once you realize how simple it is to make at home, you'll reconsider your options. While Sriracha is traditionally made with Thai chili peppers (hey, it's from Thailand), you can make it with red jalapeno peppers or red serrano peppers. I've also included a spicy Trinidad Moruga Scorpion for plenty of extra heat. The video also includes a dipping sauce recipe that uses Sriracha as a base.
Superhot Sriracha Recipe with Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
- 1 cup chopped red jalapeno peppers (or Thai peppers)
- 1-2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 moruga scorpion chili pepper (if desired!)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain out about 1/2 of the resulting pulp. Discard pulp.
- Transfer sauce to a saucepan and cook about 5-10 minutes to reduce.
- Allow to cool and process again to desired consistency.
- Refrigerate at least 2 days to allow flavors to mingle and mellow.